Multi-Currency functionality for ecommerce

Is there a way to add the same multi-currency function that exists on the Squarespace Plans page (see screenshot below)?

I did find a plugin (https://sf.digital/squarespace-multicurrency) but that only works on the store front and but not at check-out and I think that would confuse customers...

Has anyone found a solution for this? Or is this something that Squarespace is planning to offer soon?

Thank you 🙂

1572518638_ScreenShot2020-05-06at9_42_01AM.thumb.png.899a546a3d824d9c1191454394415694.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With our Currency extension you can add multi-currency prices to product pages. This helps potential customers to understand the relative cost of your products in their own currency. Unfortunately, as you say, they can only checkout in the store’s native currency. This is currently a limitation of Squarespace. 

For more information on the product, visit the description on our website:

currency-selector-tile.thumb.png.a7846448034ce34acad73ffea29626a5.png

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi there! There is no native solution for multi-currency payments yet. 

If you want to allow multiple currency payments, you may potentially run multiple sites serving different domains. For example, exampleshop.com with USD, exampleshop.co.uk with GBP. In this way, it provides you the best flexibility to control differences on products, prices, currency, shipping costs etc.

Plus, you can auto direct your visitors to correct URLs(showing local currencies) based on their locations. It supports visitors' purchase decision making and increases customer conversion rate. Geo Redirect tool may help you achieve this. It detects your website visitors' locations by IP and auto direct them based on their geolocations. You can easily set up redirecting rules within a few steps. No code is necessary. Squarespace is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps.

Edited by MichaelGeo
  • 4 weeks later...

I am interested in using the Geo Redirect tool. However, I am curious if this means I need to create multiple sites and then keep them simultaneously up to date? Meaning I would have to update more then one site if I had an adjustment I wanted to make. 

Hi @Paul2009, I would like to be able to show at least a couple of different currencies in my product descriptions below the price. Can you help me with that?

I know that I can only use my country currency (which is New Zealand Dollar), but I would like to show at least USD and Euro, even if is just approximated or 'for information only'. 

My website domain is www.lowpolytoys.com

Cheers,

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/5/2020 at 10:51 PM, paul2009 said:

With our Currency extension you can add multi-currency prices to product pages. This helps potential customers to understand the relative cost of your products in their own currency. Unfortunately, as you say, they can only checkout in the store’s native currency. This is currently a limitation of Squarespace. 

For more information on the product, visit the description on our website:

currency-selector-tile.thumb.png.a7846448034ce34acad73ffea29626a5.png

Hi Paul,

Are there any multi-currencies solutions for Squarespace 7.1 website?