Multiple Shipping Addresses

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I have a floral company operating on the Squarespace platform and sometimes customers purchase multiple arrangements going to different addresses all in the same order. For example, for Mother's Day the same customer may order an arrangement for their mom and grandmother, both going to separate addresses, but paid for on the same order. Is there a way to get a separate shipping address per item versus collecting all the shipping information generally at the end? Or is there a way to turn of collecting the shipping address (which we could rather build into a form)? Our overall goal is that we’ll be able to more efficiently track and fulfill deliveries as separate orders. 

I reached out to squarespace and they advised this was not something they offered, which is a bit shocking. Are there other companies out there that have this issue and/or workarounds? Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated. 

• Solution

Hi Gary

Here are a couple of ideas to get the conversation started but it may help if you include a link to your website so that we can see the context.

Add a Custom Product Form to each product. You can then collect delivery dates, addresses and contact information for each arrangement separately. If the arrangements are added as Service Products, customers will not be prompted for shipping information again on the checkout page. This will allow customers to add multiple arrangements with different delivery dates or addresses to a single order.

If you enable Express Checkout, customers will be sent directly to the checkout as soon as they add a single product to their cart. This will avoid shipping confusion but may also prevent you upselling other items, unless these are added as product variants.

If neither suit your circumstances, you may need a custom solution.

-Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul, 

Thanks so much for your advice! We do currently have a form set up for each item to collect information. Inputting the products as services is something I hadn't thought about though - that would help with eliminating the confusion of double address collection. The challenge is when someone orders multiples of the same item, say 8 plants and the form only collects one address (vs 8 separate shipping locations). Perhaps we could just disclaimer the heck out of it asking customers to add items separately to the cart.  Our website is STEMSWAG.CO. Let me know if you think of anything else or have custom options that you think might work well for us. I really appreciate it! 

• 3 weeks later...

We are in the same boat...really struggling to make Squarespace Commerce work for deliveries....also, quite frustrated with the rudimentary state of the iOS app.

For one, in the iOS Commerce app, you cannot collect a DELIVERY DATE from customers and then sort all orders by DELIVERY DATE.  Orders are fixed and sorted by ORDER DATE only, which isn't useful if your fulfillment strategy operates off of DELIVERY DATE.  So now, we have to create second order tracking system with which we can sort all orders by DELIVERY DATE so we know when to fulfill the orders.

If you use a Custom PRODUCT FORM on a product page, that data does not show up in the Orders CSV file.  It would be nice if the data variables that were captured in the Custom Order Form would be ported to the CSV file, because then we'd have some way to sort by DELIVERY DATE.

If you create a Custom CHECKOUT FORM and collect delivery date here, it WILL show up in the Orders CSV file however if using a Delivery Checkout Form you can't disable the standard SHIPPING FORM in checkout, so this confuses customers....having two separate requests for Shipping and Delivery addresses.

I really don't think that Squarespace Commerce is quite ready for true order management, particularly for those businesses who offer delivery or need to manage order data in any way....Squarespace just doesn't offer any flexibility for sorting or displaying order data columns.

Perhaps a Shopify integration with a Squarespace site would be a possible solution.  We will see...

Edited by cetanorak
  • 7 months later...

Hi @paul2009, would love to get you feedback thoughts on adding multiple shipping addresses/notes for each product on my website.

The site www.happyburpee.com sells greeting cards. Some customers have been adding multiple cards to their basket, for delivery to different addresses (as we mail directly to each recipient)

What do you think it the best way to capture additional mailing addresses and notes for people who add multiple cards to the one checkout basket?

Thanks,

Henry

1 hour ago, hankob1989 said:

The site www.happyburpee.com sells greeting cards. Some customers have been adding multiple cards to their basket, for delivery to different addresses (as we mail directly to each recipient)

What do you think it the best way to capture additional mailing addresses and notes for people who add multiple cards to the one checkout basket?

Hi Henry

If you add the styles below to Design > Custom CSS, it will remove the quantity selector from your product(s). This will force customers to add them one at a time, and a blank form will be shown as each card is added, allowing them to add information to each item.

.ProductItem-details .product-quantity-input {
  display: none!important;
}

I hope this helps.

Paul

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, SedumandSageCO said:

Any updates/improvements on shipping to multiple addresses since this thread started?

There have been no changes.