How to resolve the template page limit and template switch?

59 minutes ago, Nadinechris said:

There is a limit of pages. Is there an option to have more pages in my template?

You can have up to 400* pages on a Squarespace website unless your site is on a very old "legacy" Personal plan, in which case there's a 20-page limit. To learn more about legacy plans, visit Legacy billing plans. If you're on a legacy plan with page restrictions and you want to expand your site, you can switch to a current Personal, Business or Commerce plan.

1 hour ago, Nadinechris said:

Is there an easy way to change the template design without crushing my website? 

Page limits are defined by your billing plan, not your template. However, more information on changing your template, see Switching templates.

*A site can have up to 1000 pages, but Squarespace don't recommend more than 400 due to performance reductions.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

The current personal plan has no page limit and no code injection which I have a lot of in my 20-page site. So if you have that as well and you switch plans to the current personal plan, things may break. To get the same coding features as our old personal plan you would need to upgrade to a business plan.

You have a nice nice-looking Avenue site. There are many of us using that classic template. If you want to show more of your latest work, consider making a new gallery or layout page and rotating an old one out of the index, into the unlinked section of your site, disabling it, enabling the new one, and moving it into the linked section to take its place. The old one will just sit there until you want to use it again. I do this quite often just to have some fresh content. I also combined my About and Contact on the same page to free up one to use for something else. 

my random views derrick Lee parker

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 year later...

Hi paul2009,

Can you explain how to upgrade a legacy billing plan to so that it no longer legacy plan and no longer has a 20 page limit. When I go to the option for changing the billing plan it only offers to upgrade to a business plan. Can I just update to a current personal plan that would not have a 20 page limit?

Screenshot (62).png

1 hour ago, aalexh1 said:

Can I just update to a current personal plan that would not have a 20 page limit?

To switch to the current version of the same plan you're on (a legacy Personal plan to the current Personal plan) you'll need to open a ticket with Customer Care so they can help.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...