Alternative to API for uploading data

I would like to upload data from a script that performs genetic analyis on a small supercomputer in real time, in the forms of text, graphs and images.

I am new to webside coding so have been reading up and have thought about the use of an API however non of the ones ss offer seem to fit.

To simplify the issue I was wondering if somone could show me how to do the following as an example;

On my computer I have a script

weather.london.sh

which updates the file

temp.txt

with the temperature in london every 10 minutes

How would i go about making a block for my site which displays "The temperature in london is x degrees C"

I apologise for the lack of specificity.

• Replies 1
  • Views 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this were my project, I would probably explore the possibility of using javascript for this. I can't really give you specifics on the code that would/could be used, but the idea would be to reach out to a text file (or other resource), posted somewhere by your initial script, that has the value you're looking to display and update the field. Whether or not you put this on a live timer or simply do a one-off when the page is loaded would be a matter of planning on your part.

Regardless, poke around Google for 'How to read from a text file with javascript' and you might be able to work something out. This will take some planning on how to get the two systems to work together. And without knowing more about what you're working with or what you can work with, it's hard to give a definitive answer.

Archived