New Subscriber notification

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay this takes it of SS, which is not ideal, but it will accomplish your goals I think, but wil require that you are using Google Analytics and that you have a confirmation page when there is a subscription completed.

Assuming yes then here is what you would do:

1. Set a Goal in Google Analytics, such  the destination page that matches the URL of your confirmation page.

2. Setup an email alert using this page to tell you how https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033021?hl=en, 

That way you get your automation the way you want it.

G.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

• 1 year later...

Agree--this feature would be so helpful. Any chance we could get a notification for every new subscriber?

It would also be helpful to customize the subscriber form a little more, specifically the ability to add more contact fields. 

We manage a client's site on Wordpress and receive an email notification everyone someone subscribes via Constant Contact plugin. Squarespace is our preferred platform, but not having this feature is a bit of a hindrance to business growth! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree. I’ve been looking for a notification feature to turn on so that I’m notified when someone new subscribes and I’m surprised there isn’t one.  Can this please be added?

I don’t always want to send them an email, but I would like to know. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think I found an easy fix for this. Connect a Google Sheet to your newsletter block and then set up an email notification any time the sheet is updated.

In Squarespace > Edit Newsletter Block > Storage > Other Options > Connect Google Drive

In Google Sheet > click Help > type Edit Notifications > Choose notify me when any changes are made > Send email right away > Save