New Subscriber notification

Go to solution Solved by Heather-MissionTwist,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay this takes it of SS, which is not ideal, but it will accomplish your goals I think, but wil require that you are using Google Analytics and that you have a confirmation page when there is a subscription completed.

Assuming yes then here is what you would do:

1. Set a Goal in Google Analytics, such  the destination page that matches the URL of your confirmation page.

2. Setup an email alert using this page to tell you how https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033021?hl=en, 

That way you get your automation the way you want it.

G.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

• 1 year later...

Agree--this feature would be so helpful. Any chance we could get a notification for every new subscriber?

It would also be helpful to customize the subscriber form a little more, specifically the ability to add more contact fields. 

We manage a client's site on Wordpress and receive an email notification everyone someone subscribes via Constant Contact plugin. Squarespace is our preferred platform, but not having this feature is a bit of a hindrance to business growth! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

I think I found an easy fix for this. Connect a Google Sheet to your newsletter block and then set up an email notification any time the sheet is updated.

In Squarespace > Edit Newsletter Block > Storage > Other Options > Connect Google Drive

In Google Sheet > click Help > type Edit Notifications > Choose notify me when any changes are made > Send email right away > Save

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 10:52 PM, TroyStoneking said:

I'm really enjoying how much easier SS is for email automation than Mailchimp. However, this seems like a very important feature that SS is lacking. I would appreciate having it! Thanks to all who have already chimed in to support it!

Same here, would love to have the notification feature because it is really a basic function while would benefits all users who are creating their email automations! 

On 1/21/2023 at 7:50 PM, Heather-MissionTwist said:

I think I found an easy fix for this. Connect a Google Sheet to your newsletter block and then set up an email notification any time the sheet is updated.

In Squarespace > Edit Newsletter Block > Storage > Other Options > Connect Google Drive

In Google Sheet > click Help > type Edit Notifications > Choose notify me when any changes are made > Send email right away > Save

THANK YOU Heather - this worked for me! I appreciate you sharing! 

P.S. And I fully agree with other users, it's baffling why Squarespace are being so stubborn on this. Surely it can't be that tricky to code...

• 2 months later...

On 10/21/2022 at 6:52 AM, TroyStoneking said:

I'm really enjoying how much easier SS is for email automation than Mailchimp. However, this seems like a very important feature that SS is lacking. I would appreciate having it! Thanks to all who have already chimed in to support it!

I totally agree on this. I have loved using SS for all my email marketing after using MailChimp forever. Would love to have a fix that doesn't involve me needing to store my email list on Google Drive. So, those of you who have used the Google Drive solution, does that sheet sync with your Squarespace default list storage, or can you add it as a second storage option so Google Drive is storing new emails (and notifying you of new subscribes) while SS also stores the new subscribers. Meaning both lists stay up to date?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have been trying to work in the Notifications tab to set guidance on how I would like to be notified when someone submits a form on my website. The only notification settings I am finding are if people comment or purchase.  I am simply looking to see how to get a message sent to me when someone signs up and clicks subscribe. I know it has to be simple...am I just missing it?

Thanks!

Hi Elaine, Looks like this feature does not exist yet. But you can do the following that will at least get you some sort of notification when someone subscribes. 

Connect a Google Sheet to your newsletter block and then set up an email notification any time the sheet is updated.

Andrew Mogridge | Simply Iconic Designs
Simple and Elegant Squarespace Designs
t. + 61(0) 424 178 893
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to do the Google workaround....new subscriber details are getting replicated in my Google sheets, and although I have set up notifications in the sheets so that I'm emailed about any changes (presumably the appearance of new subscriber details qualifies), I'm still not getting emailed about it.  So frustrating.  Have asked the Squarespace customer service person to request the subscription notification feature - I'm astonished subscriber notification from within Squarespace does not exist.

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 3:50 AM, Heather-MissionTwist said:

Thanks - I've set this up myself. 

Add me to the list of people who are surprised that there isn't a way to do this within Squarespace. It seems both basic and useful...