Feedback on New Site

Site URL: https://www.thiscitymaps.com/

I recently created this my site with all this new found free time. 

https://www.thiscitymaps.com/

So far the only opinions I have been able to get are from my boyfriend and parents... we know how that goes. So I would love some honest feedback on the website. I created this to sell maps prints, I started selling on Etsy and have recently expanded the business. 

Honest and constructive feedback is welcome. Thank you!

• Replies 6
  • Views 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thiscitymapsI love your map work, bright and fun. And your web site displays a modern aesthetic, both elegant and functional.   My only beef? I wish I able to see lager product images on your product detail pages;  the photo zoom option doesn't match my expectation. I'd like to be able to preview a larger image before purchase. (I did manage to nip out on to your Etsy site and I'm currently negotiating with my wife over wall space. Hopefully, I can become a customer at some point.)

- John

mcgouran.john@gmail.com

2 hours ago, JOHNMD said:

My only beef? I wish I able to see lager product images on your product detail pages;  the photo zoom option doesn't match my expectation. I'd like to be able to preview a larger image before purchase. 

@JOHNMD Hello, thank you so much for your kind words! I hope you find something you like on there and can convince your wife 🙂 

I am trying to figure out exactly what you mean... I have detail images on each listing showing detail of the prints.. but you're saying it would be good to be able to click on the images on the product page and it pulls up a larger image on the screen- just like it does on Etsy? I think that's a great idea, I will look into how to do that! Thank you!

@thiscitymapsYes, exactly. I think this is where you can possibly loose a prospect. And as I've been coding all day with my eyes a little blurry, I m seeing visions of Javelin Throwers, Footballers, Funny Faces and all sorts of abstractions - Map-Stick Men- in your work. I need to take a walk! - best of luck! 

mcgouran.john@gmail.com

@JOHNMD So I tried that feature on squarespace - it comes up in a lightbox when you click on it, but for some reason even at the smallest scale it doesn't fit the whole image, it is cut off on the screen. My original image must be too large. Additionally, I am not sure why, but when you 'x' out of the enlarged image it doesn't take you back to the product page, rather back to the whole shop page. Frustrating. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived