Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Mobile Stacking Order (7.1)

jorohaco
Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Question

Site URL: https://carillon-flower-3xhs.squarespace.com/

Hello. I need to modify the mobile stacking order of content in a 3-column image/text/spacer layout.

Site password: XRdesign

Jump or scroll to the "Process" section. For larger displays, the order of the content blocks is:

ROW A: Image — spacer — Text

ROW B: Text — spacer — Image

... rinse and repeat.

On mobile they all need to follow one pattern:

COLUMN: Image — spacer — Text

I've done a search on this and there were a number of threads covering but they all kind of dead-end(ed). I honestly feel like a fix to this should have been baked into 7.0 since it's such a common UI pattern. Any help would be appreciated. And thank you! 🙏 

Edited by jorohaco
Removing redundancies
  • Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Add to Home > design > custom CSS @media screen and (max-width:640px) { /* 2 */ div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1578277238401_75781+.row { display: flex; flex-direction: column-reverse; } /*

7 answers to this question

Add to Home > design > custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
/* 2 */
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1578277238401_75781+.row {
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: column-reverse;
}
/* 4 */
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1578780160732_20104+.row {
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: column-reverse;
}

}

I believe I am looking to do something similar to this. Looking for images to stack 2 across on a mobile device. On a desktop the page is set to have 4 columns, I am looking for it have 2 on a mobile device. Any help with this would be much appreciated. I would also like to understand how I can apply this technique to other pages.

URL: https://kamiscollection.com/photography

14 hours ago, kevinkamis said:

I believe I am looking to do something similar to this. Looking for images to stack 2 across on a mobile device. On a desktop the page is set to have 4 columns, I am looking for it have 2 on a mobile device. Any help with this would be much appreciated. I would also like to understand how I can apply this technique to other pages.

URL: https://kamiscollection.com/photography

You can change gallery to grid, then I can give the code to stack 2 images on mobile.

The current layout is difficult to use code.

How does this work? Looking at the original solution. I can see that it works and I've translated it successfully to one of my sites but with another I can't get it to work. The block 

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1578277238401_75781

seems to be the spacer above the two blocks that the OP wanted to switch on mobile- is that correct?

On 2/24/2021 at 8:00 PM, FatFatAlbert said:

How does this work? Looking at the original solution. I can see that it works and I've translated it successfully to one of my sites but with another I can't get it to work. The block 

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1578277238401_75781

seems to be the spacer above the two blocks that the OP wanted to switch on mobile- is that correct?

Can you share link to page where you have problem? We can help easier