Brick and Mortar Store with Square POS

I am a brick-and-mortar store using Square POS for everything from my inventory to, naturally, my sales. I have an online store hosted with WordPress.com using the WooCommerce plugin, if you're familiar, and I'm interested finding out if it would benefit me at all to switch to Squarespace. Online sales weren't a large part of my business until recently, and I'm realising now that could I have done this differently from the start -if it could have been any easier- I would have. I've done what research I can and I wouldn't be asking the questions I am if I had been able to find answers I was sure were correct or opinions I thought I could trust. I have hope that coming to the source I'll harness both the knowledge and the wisdom of experience of Squarspace users and experts. I'll try not to get into the weeds with my questions.

So:

A) How well integrated are or can Square and Squarespace be?

1. Specifically, as regards inventory, is it a 1 to 1 mirror of one 'system of record' to the other/Can I expect to be able to manage my products and stock using Square, with all changes being mirrored on the website?
  2. Will my inventory be completely, without much or any direct management, uploaded for use on the website?

B) Do I need any other eCommerce subscription or application to run the online store or does Squarespace have it's own eCommerce solution that can work out of the box with a Squarespace website?

C) Is it worth it to switch from WordPress.com and WooCommerce to Squarespace?

1. What, from any experience, will be easier/require less direct management or fixing were I to use Squarespace instead?

D) Does Squarespace come 'pre-loaded' with all of the tools for displaying and seeling my products via the website that I wish WordPress.com and WooCommerce did but don't, except at a cost and some hassle?

E) Using WordPress.com and WooCommerce has required me to learn more about the 'backend' of website creation and management than I would rather have, all things being equal. Is Squarespace friendlier, form experience, than those for someone who really just wants (and this is over simplifying it) a *presto* online store?

F) Is there anything important someone moving from WordPress.com and Woocommerce should know about Squarespace (other than it hopefully being just plain easier) before they make the move?

G) Is it worth my time and effort should I make the move, to bring anything over with me or should I start from scratch? (I'm feeling like starting from scratch, but that definitely isn't due to any actual knowledge on my part.)

I want to thank those who reply in advance. I'm sure I'll be thanking more, but I really appreciate those who take their time to respond to what can seem to be the umpteenth of the same questions that get asked repeatedly as I have experience in doing the same. I can appreciate that some of these questions may have been answered specifically elsewhere, and I have looked and either I haven't found them or the answers weren't satisfactory. I don't mind be directed to an extant answer to any question I've asked if you really think it is relevant.

Thanks, again. Thomathy.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived