301 Redirects for Site Migration

I have two sites on squarespace and both are live. I want to keep (Site+Domain B) and redirect (Site+Domain A) to (Site+Domain B).

Important here is that several pages on (site+domain A) are ranking well, so I want to redirect on a page by page level.

I'm an SEO and have done several site migrations in the past, but all on WordPress. With no access to server (.htaccess, etc.) on SquareSpace, I'm getting mixed answers on how to properly configure this. I spoke to SquareSpace help chat and got an answer that made zero sense.

Has anyone done this that can confirm how to handle it? I know I can upload a 301 redirect list to (Site+Domain A) for all the subfolders, but I don't think it will accept a redirect for the home page "/".

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Would it work to move the domain over to the other site and handle all the redirects from there?

In other words using the OP's example. Move Domain A to Site B. Then do all the redirects on Site B. The home page on Site A wouldn't need to be redirected as it would become the home page on Site B.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived