Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Delivery confined to postcode or area

SavorGoods

Site URL: https://savorgoods.co.nz

Can we create shipping zones here in New Zealand? We want to limit the postcodes that we will ship to locally. We can only deliver our fresh food to customers within a limited area in our city (Auckland). Is there a way to limit the postcodes a customer can enter in this case? Or is this only available to US & Canada? Are there any other options?

I am in the same boat. we offer free local shipping with in 5km radius and so many people select it when they are on the other side of the city. It causes friction asking them to pay for postage after the transaction. 

• 5 weeks later...

Squarespace only includes a solution for North America. It isn’t possible to code a solution into the checkout for other parts of the world because Squarespace lock this down. If, like many others, you are struggling with this issue, please log a ticket with Squarespace Customer Care so that they know how many users this affects worldwide. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

• 3 months later...

Same problem here since we ONLY deliver fresh flowers within 5km in Barcelona city and we can't figure out a way to set a shipping zone.

I've already contacted costumer service and if you are struggling with the same issue (needing to set up a shipping zone out of US or Canada) as @paul2009 suggested, i kindly encourage you to contact costumer service as well.

Does anyone know if there's a plugin or app that can do this job and work well with squarespace platform?

Thank you in advance. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is unbelievable. My website is a waste of space (literally if I can't select certain delivery suburbs).

Is there any workaround for this in Australia. I'll have to get a refund if this is the case

• 3 weeks later...

I have set up this workaround for some of my clients: use the Product Variant option rather than shipping. It's a hack-y workaround, but it can work in some cases. You could use the same approach to offer free zones. See my reply and link to demo here:

P.S. Not sure if you're still seeking a solution but @FLORESTUDIO and @Renata and @SavorGoods a couple of workarounds that you could use to deter invalid purchases is to (A) Set up an Announcement Bar to indicate that you only deliver to a certain area, and then link the Announcement Bar to a page showing exactly where you do deliver. And then (B) set up a Custom Field in the checkout that forces users to tick a box to indicate that they are definitely in that region. I know it's not ideal, but combined they should help limit the number of invalid orders you get.

Edited by usingmyhead
  • 5 months later...

Same problem in the UK for me also, raised another ticket to add to the ones already done, 3 client projects in total that needed this functionallity over the last 3 years and had to use another platform.