Delivery confined to postcode or area

Site URL: https://onyxhive.com.au

Why is it that only United States can select which state to deliver to, while the rest of the countries are not as specific?

To make things possibly easier for us users, have a section where if a customer tries to checkout with a specific postcode, it declines them.

For example: A section where the user enters all valid postcodes and any postcodes outside that valid postcode will be rejected.

I am in NSW. Australia and only service Sydney and I have postcodes from 2000 to 2800 and it will be so much easier if there was a section to enter valid postcodes so people stop purchasing my cakes outside my delivery area.

It's such a hassle refunding and giving them bad news because of the UX/UI limitations. I have prevention measures in place but the customer can choose to ignore all of it and still purchase.

Edited by hasher22
On 11/2/2021 at 11:48 PM, hasher22 said:

Why is it that only United States can select which state to deliver to, while the rest of the countries are not as specific?

I agree and I’ve raised this, but this is unlikely to be addressed in the next year. If you need this feature it will need to be custom written for Squarespace - checking the postcode prior to the checkout stage.

Note also that Squarespace don't routinely monitor this forum for feature requests, so if you want to add your voice to the requests for this feature you’ll need to log your feature request by contacting Squarespace Customer Care.

Update April 2023: You can now customise shipping rules for eight Australian states and territories and, on the Commerce Advanced plan, you can set them for postcodes too.

Edited by paul2009
Feature added

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:57 PM, paul2009 said:

If you need this feature it will need to be custom written for Squarespace - checking the postcode prior to the checkout stage.

I have this measure in place

1 - On my homepage, product page and a checkbox agreement for customers to check if they checked their postcode.

We all know customers are lazy and don't read things....

6 hours ago, hasher22 said:

I have this measure in place

a checkbox agreement for customers to check if they checked their postcode.

Headsup - the way this is configured, customers do not have to check the checkbox 🙂

l8vOGqUjD6.gif.079672799589e326381b73284238816d.gif

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

We're hoping to implement delivery zones for our local independent florist in Australia, any update on this? Can squarespace confirm if this is on the roadmap for future improvements. I've logged a ticket on this. 

I know we would be able do this woo-commerce or shopify and coming up with more and more issues as our business grows that make us think it might be time to make the switch. 

On 11/6/2021 at 7:10 PM, paul2009 said:

Headsup - the way this is configured, customers do not have to check the checkbox 🙂

Thanks!

This is a bug?

I have the "required" radio button checked and the field allows me to have 2 check boxes for the customer to tick off.

Also when you create a new "check box" field, the example it gives you, option 1 and option 2 and the required check box appears.....

So how come my "agreement" 2 check boxes, a customer can select 1 then add to cart?

Edit: I noticed customers or anyone can select 1 check box even if theres 2 or more check boxes....... so only 1 is "required" to check....... how can I make it that ALL needs to be required to check?

Edit 2: I just created a new checkbox as a work around....

Capture.JPG

Captsure.JPG

Edited by hasher22
10 minutes ago, hasher22 said:

I have the "required" radio button checked and the field allows me to have 2 check boxes for the customer to tick off.

So how come my "agreement" 2 check boxes, a customer can select 1 then add to cart?

“Required” means that at least one checkbox must be checked. It doesn’t require both. If you require both to be checked, you must add them as individual fields, one for each checkbox. 

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

“Required” means that at least one checkbox must be checked. It doesn’t require both. If you require both to be checked, you must add them as individual fields, one for each checkbox. 

Yeah I did that now and the checkbox requirements wasn't clear in the form field that only 1 needed to be checked to be a requirement

Now having 2 checkbox fields makes the whole UI looks off and weird and now has a weird gap

Edited by hasher22
  • 1 month later...

Site URL: https://onyxhive.com.au

I have submitted feedback to Squarespace as SS needs to implement area or postcode shipping rates. I am in Australia and I need flexibility to deliver my products within a distance or postcode with custom shipping rates automatically.

For example:
Shipping within 5km is free
Shipping within 5-10km is 10 dollars
Shipping 10km+ is 15 dollars.

OR

The user (me) manually puts in the postcodes in the back end and the delivery postcode or address the customer enters will determine the shipping price automatically upon checkout.

So if I enter postcodes 2000 through to 2050 and a customer enters their delivery address as 2001, then shipping will be X dollars.

I don't understand why this isn't implement yet, this is costing me alot of sales and I have seen similar threads too.

Please implement this. I have seen smaller hosting websites that has this feature and it's a godsend feature. For a massive platform such as SS, I dont understand why they only implement such limited shipping features.

Edited by hasher22
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. Is there any new or updates on the shipping limitations for Aus and NZ? I wanted to get the Full Commerce plan as I am on basic commerce but am nervous to do so without knowing if it will work. Can NZ customer's have shipping calculated at check out? If we select flat rate we have many rural areas and another island that will require different rates. Anyone know if Square Space has fixed this?

11 minutes ago, Jskye said:

Is there any new or updates on the shipping limitations for Aus and NZ? I wanted to get the Full Commerce plan as I am on basic commerce but am nervous to do so without knowing if it will work. Can NZ customer's have shipping calculated at check out?

Since April 2023 you have been able to set shipping rules for Australian states and territories and postcodes, but this is not available in NZ yet. Also, in March 2023, they added fulfilment profiles which are tailored sets of shipping options that you assign to individual products, so this may help you to be more specific about the options available for each product.