Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Removing Overlay on 7.1 Portfolio Hover Background

a-ryann

Question

Site URL: https://scaacquisition2020.com

pw:1234

This is making me nuts. I need to remove the image overlay that appears when you hover over the portfolio links on my homepage. There is no setting within the design color editor and I've set all "image overlays" to transparent just to be safe but still can't figure out what the CSS should be to remove this annoying default setting.  

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 5.21.37 PM.png

EDIT: 

Here is the correct CSS for anyone interested

.portfolio-hover-bg-overlay {
  display: none
}

Edited by a-ryann
Found the answer!
  • Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

11 answers to this question

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.portfolio-hover-bg-mask {
    display: none;
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

Tuanphan, The code you posted above also removes the image itself. I'm trying to get the image to appear without an overlay. Any thoughts?

Hi Tuanphan, I am trying to to get a product image to appear without a hover. 

Similarly to a-ryann's post, the above code removes the image all together. 

I wish for there to be no hover. 

3 hours ago, evelynmarinap said:

Hi Tuanphan, I am trying to to get a product image to appear without a hover. 

Similarly to a-ryann's post, the above code removes the image all together. 

I wish for there to be no hover. 

}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

Me too. Neither of these code snippets works:

NEITHER

.portfolio-hover-bg-OVERLAY {
}

NOR

.portfolio-hover-bg-MASK {
}

10 hours ago, sjet said:

Me too. Neither of these code snippets works:

NEITHER

.portfolio-hover-bg-OVERLAY {
}

NOR

.portfolio-hover-bg-MASK {
}

try

display: none !important;
}

16 hours ago, sjet said:

That does not work.

Can you share link to portofilo page on your site?

On 9/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, expatinzurich said:

Hi, Do you mind sharing how you solved the issue? I'm trying to do the same thing. Thanks.

If you share link to portfolio page, we can help