Remove Blog Title from Blog Post

Hi everyone!

Does somebody know how to remove the blog title from the blog post in Squarespace 7.1? I only want to remove the title from the blog post, not the blog landing page. Also, I am using two different blogs on my site and I would like to remove the blog title from only one of them. I have tried all the codes I found in this forum but none seemed to work for me.

Thank you so much!

I can't send you a link, because the site isn't online yet. I'm still working on the layout and as I work in the creative field (stylist/visual artist/jewelry designer) I would like to give the site a more artsy look. 

Currently, it looks like below. I would like to remove the blog title Squarespace automatically includes for each blog post (in this case "Why Sweatpants are the new jeans") and just leave the image where I include the title.

184987813_Screenshot2020-04-29at15_02_06.thumb.png.8db2e6fb7598605e5047507ecfba5651.png 

• 7 months later...
On 12/27/2020 at 1:21 PM, TridentD said:

Hi I tried using this code but the title still appeared on my blog post. Can anyone help me out? I wish to remove the title "Success Story 1". 

.blog-item-title h1 {
    display: none;
}

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 1.56.51 PM.png

Hi. Can you share site url? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 1/4/2021 at 9:01 PM, Yilvie said:

Hi There, I am also unable to remove the title on my blog posts for 7.1 

Would you be able to help? 

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.blog-item-title h1.entry-title {
    display: none !important;
}

Or send to forum message

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have found this thread super helpful, but something is a little off for me and I'm not sure what.  Hoping someone can help!

• I put in the code in Design//Custom CSS and it works while that screen is up (see photo below) however when I refresh the page or it reloads, the title comes back.  I am saving.
  • I have another bit of code already inserted on the post itself for the header photos, so when I try and put a new bit of code on the post itself, the title disappears but so does my photo.

Any thoughts so I can get the white title over the photo to be hidden?  Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 3.49.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 3.49.23 PM.png

23 hours ago, ABarene said:

I have found this thread super helpful, but something is a little off for me and I'm not sure what.  Hoping someone can help!

• I put in the code in Design//Custom CSS and it works while that screen is up (see photo below) however when I refresh the page or it reloads, the title comes back.  I am saving.
  • I have another bit of code already inserted on the post itself for the header photos, so when I try and put a new bit of code on the post itself, the title disappears but so does my photo.

Any thoughts so I can get the white title over the photo to be hidden?  Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 3.49.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 3.49.23 PM.png

Design > Site Styles > Disable Ajax Loading.

if it still doesn't work, can you share link to your site?

Or send to forum message

2 hours ago, Next25 said:

Hi all, I've tried the code below to try to remove the title from blog posts but they are still visible. I want to be able to keep the thumbnail image, but remove the title. Here's a link to the blog page to view. Would love some help 🙂 

.blog-item-title h1.entry-title {
    display: none !important;
}

Use this code

/* hide blog post title */
.blog-item-wrapper .post-title {
    visibility: hidden;
}

Or send to forum message

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately the code hasn't seemed to have worked. Here's a screenshot of where I've entered the code on the blog settings under Page Header Injection Code. Let me know if there's anything I can do to fix it 🙂 

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.33.26 am.png

11 hours ago, Next25 said:

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately the code hasn't seemed to have worked. Here's a screenshot of where I've entered the code on the blog settings under Page Header Injection Code. Let me know if there's anything I can do to fix it 🙂 

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.33.26 am.png

Add to Design > Custom CSS, NOT Page Header Code Injection

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2021 at 9:45 AM, orangkmw said:

Hi hi! I tried using the three different kinds of code in Design > Custom CSS mentioned above to remove the blog titles from the preview page, but they're still showing up. Would love any insight!

PW: fwm

Add to Design > Custom CSS

.blog-basic-grid--text {
    display: none;
}

Or send to forum message