Editing a Subscription Product Description

I know that editing a subscription products terms such as price and shipping options cannot be changed for current subscribers, but what about the product description? Can that be continuously updated and apply to all subscribers, past and current?

• Replies 2
  • Views 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe so unfortunately, just from Squarespace's support document it says.

Editing a subscription product changes the product for future subscribers. Current subscriptions will continue to place orders for the original product and price, including shipping costs, tax rates, and currency.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002012247-Subscription-products#toc-edit-a-subscription-product

To me the original product part would imply that the description doesn't change either. It would be nice if subscription descriptions did update as the product/service develops but I think it's like the price where it stays static.

I updated the description of a subscription product the other week so I can let you know in a couple of weeks if it did change for past subscribers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived