I need to hide the Add to Cart, Price and Quantity for 1 of my 2 Product Categories

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://chameleondesignandprint.squarespace.com/elite-uniform-products/full-zip-bespoke-elite-dance-jacket-with-zip-pockets

Hello! We have an online shop for a few items but I need to display our bespoke products clearer... the only way to do this is to use the commerce feature. I need to hide the Price, Add to Cart and quantity from only this Commerce Page, not our online shop and I am finding it quite difficult! I have searched on this forum and on online but I can only see outdated coding. Is there anyone that could help me with this? 

• Solution

@Luciektip See my post earlier today, as it is a very similar situation:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

3 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Thanks so much. I actually ended up on your page today - the code worked but because I had set the products to £0.00 - I then had a box appear asking customers to subscribe to be alerted when it's back in stock. Do you know how to deactivate this and replace with an enquiry button - even if it's just a button leading to the enquiry form?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thankyou, I have managed to do it but still have a green box appearing where the purchase button once was. It should be okay for now until I can figure it out as the online shop is working as normal. Thanks ever so much. I ended up using your java script to change to POA and a separate piece of code to hide the add to cart button. Thankyou. 

6 hours ago, Luciektip said:

I have managed to do it but still have a green box appearing

In your case, use this instead. It will hide the green box too:

.tweak-product-item-details-show-add-to-cart-button .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper {
  display: none;
}

• 8 months later...

I also tried to hide the price on one category, but it still not working:

<style>
.sqs-category-special-collection .tag-Gallery, .product-price-input, {
  display: none; !important;
}
</style>

can you help me too @paul2009?

Edited by yasuyash
adding tag to people
2 hours ago, yasuyash said:

can you help me too

Please provide more information so that we can view your site. 

On 1/5/2021 at 7:39 PM, yasuyash said:

Add to Design > Custom CSS

.tag-basmala .grid-prices {
    display: none !important;
}
.tag-basmala .product-price {
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, paul2009 said:

Hello, I followed your guide to change price to POA which worked by adding your custom CSS but I was not able to disable the add to cart button or the quantity, any help would be appreciated!

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 16.11.28.png

On 1/28/2021 at 9:12 AM, wilfm said:

Hello, I followed your guide to change price to POA which worked by adding your custom CSS but I was not able to disable the add to cart button or the quantity, any help would be appreciated!

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 16.11.28.png

Can you share link to a product? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...

Hi, I followed the guide and added this to my custom CSS, but still no luck hiding the "add-to-cart" button for items that have "noCart" as a tag:

.tag-noCart .ProductItem-summary .ProductItem-details {
  .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper, .product-quantity-input {
  }
}

This is for Brine 7.0.  Any ideas why it isn't working?  Thanks!

www.demeriflowers.com

48 minutes ago, weemaple said:

Any ideas why it isn't working?

Try the following.

/* uses LESS syntax */

.tag-nocart .ProductItem-details {

.product-quantity-input,
  .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper

{

display : none;

}

}

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thanks Creedon.

I tried your simpler snippet of code in the custom CSS section, and still no luck hiding a product with "nocart" as a tag.

I ended up finding an example of code that both takes away the add-to-card button and adds some button styling to any active link I create in the product details (because I still needed a button to lead to a contact page).

It worked by adding it into a code block in the "additional details" section, which is unfortunate because I think I'm going to forget it's there some day down the line, because the editing mode shows an invisible space where the code block is, until I click on it!  For each product I have to do this for!  =P

<style>
.tweak-product-item-details-show-price .ProductItem-details .product-price { display: none; }
/* .variant-option { display: none!important; } */
.tweak-product-item-details-show-add-to-cart-button .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper { display: none; }
.ProductItem-details .ProductItem-details-excerpt a { 
 font-family:'khula'!important;
 font-size: 16px!important;
 text-transform: uppercase;
 font-weight:regular!important;
 color: #000000!important;
 font-weight: normal;
 font-style: normal;
 text-align: center;
 text-decoration: none;
 min-width: 10ch!important;
 padding: .5em 1.0em!important;