Changing active color of non-header navigation links

I would like to know how to change the active color of links that are not apart of the header navigation links. For example, my header contains a [HOME] [BLOG] [ CONTACT] and when I am on one of those three pages, it is violet and when I hover a different page, it hovers with violet as well. I have a secondary set of hyperlinks in a text block that serves as a secondary navigation bar, but isn't specified as a navigation. It has a few links that will link to non-header pages. I have linked a photo of this bar. What I would like to do is add an active color to the current page being viewed from that set of links, where I have already set the hover color to violet using a custom CSS, but using that same element and using the code a:active instead of a:hover is not working.

I know I explained so poorly as I am new to site building and extremely new to CSS and coding, so if you need clarification or further explaining feel free to ask!

Thanks.

Secondary navigation.JPG

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived