Making Certain Items NOT Available for Online Purchase in my Shop

Site URL: https://www.asiawest.net/

I have set up an e-commerce site, which is not yet set up for checkout, because we are still editing some products. We are realizing now that we do not want every product listed to be available for online purchase. For example, some of our products are large pieces of furniture, and we would want a customer to call or email us to inquire about those products, rather than buying online. However, I want those products to still show up in the shop, but with a button that would lead them to call or email us for more information, rather than having them add that item to their cart. I know I could do this by creating a gallery page that could just show all of the products not available for online purchase, but I still want these products to be set up just like my product pages. Is this possible? Is there a way to disable the Add to Cart button only on certain products?

Thank you for any help or suggestions!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can disable the Add-to-Cart button on certain products by tagging them and adding some code. I describe how you can do this within this guide.

If you are looking for a solution that allows potential customers to easily enquire about these products, we sell a Product Enquiry Form extension for Squarespace. When you receive the enquiry email, you’ll know which product they enquired about and you can reply directly to them.

Do get in touch if you have questions.

-Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul,

Have read your guide. Great idea.

Ive been trying to do it on my site www.kitjohns.co.uk but its not working when I've added the code.

I want to remove the 'purchase' button on some of the products.

Ive added the tag 'Gallery' to the product

then added this bit of custom css

.tag-Gallery .ProductItem-summary .ProductItem-details {
  .sqs-purchase-button-wrapper, .product-quantity-input {
  display: none;
  }
}

Doesn't seem to work though.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer 

On 4/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, paul2009 said:

You can disable the Add-to-Cart button on certain products by tagging them and adding some code. I describe how you can do this within this guide.

If you are looking for a solution that allows potential customers to easily enquire about these products, we sell a Product Enquiry Form extension for Squarespace. When you receive the enquiry email, you’ll know which product they enquired about and you can reply directly to them.

-Paul

-Paul

Hi Paul,

Have read your guide. Great idea.

Ive been trying to do it on my site www.kitjohns.co.uk but its not working when I've added the code.

then added this bit of custom css

.tag-Gallery .ProductItem-summary .ProductItem-details {
  .sqs-purchase-button-wrapper, .product-quantity-input {
  }
}

Doesn't seem to work though.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer 

23 minutes ago, KitJohns said:

No problem. A couple of things to look at.

Firstly, classes should be lowercase, so it's .tag-gallery not .tag-Gallery.

Check you are also using the correct classes from the guide for the button - there isn't a "sqs-purchase-button-wrapper" 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 minute ago, paul2009 said:

No problem. A couple of things to look at.

Firstly, classes should be lowercase, so it's .tag-gallery not .tag-Gallery.

Check you are also using the correct classes from the guide for the button - there isn't a "sqs-purchase-button-wrapper" 🙂

Thanks for your fast reply Paul.

Okay cool. Yeh sorry I'm a complete beginner when it comes to code.

Here is the code I've put in the custom css section

.tag-gallery .ProductItem-summary .ProductItem-details {
  .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper, .product-quantity-input {
  }
    }

But it hasn't worked.

Here is the example of the where I want the button to not display

https://www.kitjohns.co.uk/the-map-collection/ill-love-you-until-the-world-stops-turning

I've tagged this product with the tag gallery

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Simply use this:

.tag-gallery .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper, .tag-gallery .product-quantity-input {
}

Archived