Calculated Shipping Rates Troubleshooting

Site URL: https://sashalennonpottery.com/

I sell physical goods, and I have upgraded my site to included carrier calculated shipping rates at checkout. Most of my goods require a box for shipping, but I recently started selling stickers. Stickers are flat, and don't need to be shipped in a box. I want the calculated shipping when shipping only stickers to be $0.55 (the cost of a stamp). I can't find a way to manipulate the carrier calculator to know to place the items in an envelope and not a box. 

I have tried creating a flat rate shipping option, but since I can't apply shipping options to individual products, the shipping option displays at checkout as an option for all orders. I have lost money when people ordering items requiring a box choose the sticker shipping option. I have also tried making a discount for free shipping for the stickers but, again, when people order multiple items it applies the discount to the entire order when I don't want the entire order to have free shipping. 

Please help!

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just about to ask the same question.

Be great to be able to select for each product if it should be (1) flat rate (2) Carrier Charges (3) no charge. or at worst exclude from shipping charges.

We have a eye mask for sale at $7.50 but when a customer wants to check out the shipping is $14!!! 

Be great to have some greater flexibility.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My workaround is clunky but works(ish) okay...

Created a "by weight" shipping option called "Stickers Only" -- small weights incrementally charge FirstClass rates up to my smallest boxed item weight, then the prices jump up dramatically so that the checkout page pre-chooses the cheaper carrier rate and the customer isn't inclined to "cheat" or "accidentally" choose the "Sticker" rate.   

Don't know if that makes any sense.
Pretty new to the whole thing -- not sure if it's ideal for the long run...

Screenshot 2021-03-27 110603.png

Archived