Change default blog article page

Hi all,

I'm just setting up my website and I'm wondering if there's a way to change the default blog article page layout?

Right now it's just the nav - the blog section - footer. 

Ideally, I want the nav - the blog section - newsletter sign up box - footer.

The only way to do it right now (hence why I'm asking the question) is to manually include the newsletter sign up box at the bottom of every blog I write. Which is not the biggest hassle but it would be way easier if I could just make a default blog article page and have it there as standard.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 2
  • Views 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have it right. By default if you want the newsletter signup to be visible, posting in once, without having to post it with every blog post, it needs to be in the footer. I have the same issue with my RSS subscriber button I use. I don't want it in the footer for all pages only for my blog so I post it with a blog post every now and then just above the footer, I could put it in the blog page header, it would not be anywhere else. but I don't want it there. Maybe there is a good solution we both can use. 

There is this plugin for a price:

https://heathertovey.com/product/squarespace-blog-footer-plugin/

19 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

You have it right. By default if you want the newsletter signup to be visible, posting in once, without having to post it with every blog post, it needs to be in the footer. I have the same issue with my RSS subscriber button I use. I don't want it in the footer for all pages only for my blog so I post it with a blog post every now and then just above the footer, I could put it in the blog page header, it would not be anywhere else. but I don't want it there. Maybe there is a good solution we both can use. 

There is this plugin for a price:

https://heathertovey.com/product/squarespace-blog-footer-plugin/

Thanks! Little too pricey at this moment in time, but a good alternative for the future maybe.

Archived