Go to solution Solved by derricksrandomviews,

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Site URL: https://www.thefavoriteco.com/ Hi there, I had my designer develop consistent blog backgrounds but i cannot figure out how to get the title of the blog to appear as a caption overlay

I have this on my list of things that I wish Squarespace did easily. Let me add a section above blog posts or heck maybe even the thumbnail image would work fine for now. Following.

You can try play around with CSS (Home > Design > Custom CSS) @media screen and (min-width:992px) { /* remove spacing */ .blog-article-spacer { display: none; } /* text overlap image */

4 answers to this question

You can try play around with CSS (Home > Design > Custom CSS)

@media screen and (min-width:992px) {
/* remove spacing */
.blog-article-spacer {
    display: none;
}
/* text overlap image */
.blog-basic-grid--text {
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    width: 100%;
    background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
}
/* text color */
.blog-basic-grid--text a {
    color: white !important;
}
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

Posted (edited)

Using Avenue in 7.0 I discovered quite by accident that if I add a spacer block at the top of any blog post above the image, in the body, not in the header, that when viewing the post the title goes above the image not below it. This will remove the image from a blog list of promoted blocks, featured posts,  but does not effect a blog summary page which I prefer to use anyway. I have custom CSS code loaded that allows me to make a spacer bar half the default minimum height (anywhere I use one).  I suspect this will work for most templates, not hard to find out if it works for you. I will provide the code if wanted. I don't have any posts with the spacer bar in place at the moment but I assure you it works. 

my random views derrick Lee parker

Edited by derricksrandomviews