Remove "written by" in author metadata

Hey everyone,

My site publishes work from both artists and writers. I'd like to be able to use the author metadata capabilities so that a reader can view all the work by a particular contributor. The issue I'm having is that I can't seem to figure out how to remove the "Written by" text before an author's name on a blog post in 7.1. Does anyone have any css tips and tricks that might be able to help me out?

Thank you!!!

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2020 at 6:31 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.blog-meta-item.blog-meta-item--author.p-author.author {
    visibility: hidden;
}
a.blog-author-name {
    visibility: visible;
}

I want to replace the words "written by" with "reviewed by" on the blog post. Could you clarify the CSS required to achieve this. 

17 minutes ago, midwicket said:

I want to replace the words "written by" with "reviewed by" on the blog post. Could you clarify the CSS required to achieve this. 

Can you share link to blog post? Difficult to help without checking url code

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

15 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Can you share link to blog post? Difficult to help without checking url code

Hi Tuanphan, thanks for your reply. The site is under development and not published yet. We are using the Hester template on Squarespace 7.1.  

• 11 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 5:39 AM, midwicket said:

Have you ever received an answer to this? I also want to replace "written by" with something else.

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:31 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.blog-meta-item.blog-meta-item--author.p-author.author {
    visibility: hidden;
}
a.blog-author-name {
    visibility: visible;
}

I used this code and it removed the "written by" text but now there's a huge space there. Does anyone know how to not only remove the "written by" text but also the space where it used to be? PS: I'd also love to know how to make the year display in the date metadata in blog items/posts (it displays on the blog front page but not in actual posts)

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 16.02.17.png

Edited by emilyily
add detail
On 12/26/2022 at 12:02 PM, emilyily said:

I used this code and it removed the "written by" text but now there's a huge space there. Does anyone know how to not only remove the "written by" text but also the space where it used to be? PS: I'd also love to know how to make the year display in the date metadata in blog items/posts (it displays on the blog front page but not in actual posts)

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 16.02.17.png

Can you share link to blog page & Which plan do/will you use: Personal, Business or Commerce Plan?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)