How to make the newsletter block not so HUGE

Site URL: https://anythingtrial.squarespace.com/

Password: anything

The newsletter signup block is... enormous. and I cant for the life of me find the controls on where to change its size. if you go to my page you will see the comparison between the newsletter block and the form block and the NL block is enormous. Is there aaannyyyyy way to deal with this issue?

Does squarespace not offer various sizes? No size settings in the design tab control the size of this button. at all..... or the size of the field. Its giant! And its the only field that will submit the email to Squarespace Campaigns which is why i need to use it.... If SS answers this, I will update the answer. LIke am I doing smthg stupid or is this real?

as an aside... a bit weird with the text not being centered in the button as a default...

M

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 5.19.05 PM.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* Newsletter email */
.sqs-block-newsletter .newsletter-form-field-element {
    padding-top: 5px !important;
    padding-bottom: 5px !important;
}
/* newsletter button */
.newsletter-form .newsletter-form-button {
    padding-top: 9px !important;
    padding-bottom: 2px !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...

@tuanphan

Is there a way to reduce the padding for the entire block (not just the field element and button?

I want to add a sign up to my footer, but it's not lining up with the rest of my footer text due to the huge gap.

Also, do you know of a way to customise the form field 'Email' text colour?  I've looked in the Design > Colours section but no luck.  Just want to make it white like the other text, so that it stands out against the dark background.

Thank you!

LOG ON:

SITE URL: https://smilodon-hawk-zklr.squarespace.com

PASSWORD: Jessiegirl23

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 22.22.01.png

Archived