Basic Questions - Creating My Own LMS On SP

Hello All

I have three questions. If I have, say, 10 one and done courses, not downloadable, courses on my SP site a person has to login in to access the course- does SP e-commerce allow me to time limit access? For example, you pay $10 to learn how to drink tequila and eat donuts at the same time. I want to limit your access to that content to a 90 day window- can I do that via SP e-commerce?

Second question. There is a lady that teaches how to use SP to host online courses. She noted back in 2019, that SP Campaigns does not create customer lists. If Im using SP campaigns, the top tier version, and you sign up for my tequila and donuts course, (a) will I or will I not have you on a list as someone that took that course? 

Finally, rather than using drip, I may want to use a button to move people along in a given course. So you finish the tequila part of the course, then click a button that says completed, and that takes you to the donuts part of the course. Is that possible under the same login? Meaning, if a given course has 3 pages with buttons connect them, once someone logs in, they can click their way through to the end, as they go through the course? 

I ask this because I'll have a lot of cheap one and done courses, each each sold separately and thus each course (not each customer) would have its own login unless I got with MemberSpace. 

Thanks a ton! Be safe, drink tequila and eat donuts! Totally kidding on that last part!
Bob

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @BobInAustin! Haha love the example. 😂 This is doable using Memberstack for Squarespace if you want someone to access only once course at a time. Some ideas:

• You can time-box the membership access for a course to 90 days.
    image.thumb.png.b1011e5102e332b458d2ffed96b992d8.png

• At the end of each course, you can use a button that says 'Start next course' (which actually changes a member's current plan from Course A to Course B) so they can focus on only eating donuts after they learn how to drink tequila.

Would that solve the problem?

Cheers! (literally 😄)

Best,
Naitik Mehta
Memberstack.io — add user logins, member profiles & payments to any website without coding.
Linkedin • Twitter

Archived