Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Adding text to a Product Page

steve6

39 minutes ago, RebeccaHoltdotco said:

wondering if custom CSS was an option to resolve.

As far as I know CSS alone can't get the job done. SS doesn't provide a way to distinguish a store category page from main store product grid.

Please see the following.

There is some example CSS in that thread on how to use the added attribute. Not specific to your need but if you are familiar with CSS it may be a guide. If that is not helpful let us know.

Lets get this first issue addressed before we move onto to others.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

16 hours ago, creedon said:

The code currently does not support HTML or links inside the description. It may be possible to add the capability.

Would you and/or your client be comfortable with adding HTML directly into the descriptions if the capability was there? It might look something like the following.

Here is my description with a <a href="/a-link">link</a> for one of the words.

Yes! I am comfortable adding HTML. What would that look like inside the descriptions?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, lindz5223 said:

Yes! I am comfortable adding HTML. What would that look like inside the descriptions?

The code wouldn't do any of the styling on it's own. It does have a class on it that you can target. You could also add a class name to the anchor tag and target that for styling.

So in the end it can look like anything you want but by default would inherit whatever styling is present by default from SS's CSS.

Do you want to give this a go?

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

On 8/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, creedon said:

The code wouldn't do any of the styling on it's own. It does have a class on it that you can target. You could also add a class name to the anchor tag and target that for styling.

So in the end it can look like anything you want but by default would inherit whatever styling is present by default from SS's CSS.

Do you want to give this a go?

Yes, I would love the assistance. Thank you.

1 hour ago, lindz5223 said:

Yes, I would love the assistance.

Please post the URL for your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Edited by creedon

• 1 month later...