Mobile Navigation Broken on Homepage (Bedford)

Site URL: https://towny.com/

Site URL: https://towny.com/

Hi Digital Comrades,

Using the Bedford template, I've run into a problem with the navigation hamburger menu on Mobile, specifically the homepage (all other pages on mobile & desktop, the Navigation works as expected). With or without code injections, the menu will pop out when clicked BUT show will show the site's Footer and not the true Navigation menu.  See below for Screenshot of Homepage Navigation Menu upon click. 
image.thumb.png.a1286076ca25535f7009c7a223f054cf.png

This only occurs on the homepage of mobile. The site works perfectly fine elsewhere on both desktop and mobile; the issue seems to have isolated itself to only the homepage on mobile. I have tried adding/removing different CSS code to cement/hover the header, remove the header, remove footer, as well as changing the template to a different one and back to Bedford; so far nothing has resulted in success yet.

Can anyone advise what might be my issue with the Bedford Navigation menu on Mobile? I would be/am very appreciative of any advice or thoughts. Thank you kindly. 🙂

Respectfully,
-C
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tuanphan Thank you very much for reaching out!

I've tried dozens of ideas these past few days and nothing yet is working to fix the hamburger issue on mobile. 

Please let me know if you can think of anything. 

Thanks
-CK

With the help of some Squarespace Support, the issue was identified and resolved. 

For future references. I had a custom code block in which the HTML was not completed and causing this Nav. Hamburger menu issue. The custom code used as a "Text Block" in the actual home page caused confusion with the Bedford template.

If you run into this issue with your site, be sure to first ensure no custom CSS codes are causing issues. Then double check any code blocks across your page (even the inactive pages). 

Thanks @tuanphan, I appreciate you looking out. 

Nav Correct.jpeg

Archived