• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Requirement to add email address before downloading a file

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://inverroy.squarespace.com/

Hi All, 

Apologies if this isn't in the correct area but I couldn't see where to put it. I am trying to add a button that allows people to get a free digital download but only if they enter their email address first. I could do it under commerce and make the product free but they have to enter their full postal address for that and I'm pretty sure we'll lose people as a result. Other web sites I've seen let you click the link to the download and take you to a pop-up that requires your email address to continue which is what I want.  Any ideas please?  

Thanks in advance, 

Paynester 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do it in a number of ways: Use a form (or newsletter block) to collect their email address, and provide the link to the download on the post-submit page. The downside with this option is

1 hour ago, Paynester said:

I am trying to add a button that allows people to get a free digital download but only if they enter their email address first.

You can do it in a number of ways:

• Use a form (or newsletter block) to collect their email address, and provide the link to the download on the post-submit page. The downside with this option is that they could input a fake email address and they'd still see the download link.
  • Use a form to collect their email address, send their details to a mailing list service (such as MailChimp) and configure the mailing service to email them the link. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

• 4 weeks later...