Product Data Feed to Facebook - missing inventory values

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.aycadesign.com/products

Hi everyone,

I want to sell on an instagram shop. I've created an automatic data feed to my facebook account from squarespace. The problem is i get a critical error from Facebook catalog manager: "A product is missing a field: inventory". Of course I have stock in my squarespace account. I tried creating a facebook data feed rule where Stock->inventory, but it didn't do any good. Does anyone know a way around this?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running into this issue as well. What I've noticed is the information squarespace sends to Facebook doesn't even include the column "inventory" or "stock". There is an "availability" column which tells Facebook that the item is available, but nowhere in the SS data does it give the quantity. It was extremely frustrating and time consuming to track this down. 

Additionally if you export your inventory... it DOES have the information. Why in God's green earth would they send a different spreadsheet through the provided link than the one you get when you download your inventory CSV. I looked at the link behind the export button thinking maybe I could use that, but alas..it fails. 

SS should update and item the inventory column to the provided feed, or simply use the same spreadsheet from the export button in the inventory tab.  
I need this solution asap 😕

I'm giving up on this, I've spent over 3 days deleting, reconnecting and trying everything under the sun to get this to work. The only solution I had to update the inventory was to create a rule, but it only works for the inventory of 1, so if I have more than one product it says I only have one. It's very disheartening that I switched plans to utilize the instagram shopping and now am finding out I wasted my money

• 1 month later...

I have a work around. Note I'm from Australia where we cannot sell our products on Facebook. So go to your Data Feed Rules (Data Sources > Settings > Data Feed Rules).

Then Add Rule -> Set Default Values -> Column: inventory -> Set Default Value to '1'

This works well even if some of your items are out of stock, they will show up as having 0 in the inventory

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We never had an issue until recently when Facebook changed the "Inventory" field to "quantity to sell on facebook" and now all of our products are showing up as Out of Stock. Not sure how to fix this with an automated data feed since we can't edit what Squarespace sends to FB. Any ideas??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

If you are on a Commerce plan:

Go to Commerce > Facebook & Instagram.

Copy the store link and then click the Add Link to Meta button. You'll then be able to configure the catalogue upload within the Commerce area of Meta Business Manager.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:40 PM, paul2009 said:

If you are on a Commerce plan:

Go to Commerce > Facebook & Instagram.

Copy the store link and then click the Add Link to Meta button. You'll then be able to configure the catalogue upload within the Commerce area of Meta Business Manager.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

How this help? It still doesn't fix the issue with inventory missing and my products all showing up as Sold Out since the inventory sets to 0.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...