Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
damonsun

7.1 Gallery Image Text Overlay

How do you add text to appear on top of an image in a gallery (Grid: Simple) in 7.1?

Yes, I have already added description text for each image. I've gone through all the design settings and seems like a limitation of 7.1?

Follow this 

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (promote the establishment of free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

Posted (edited)

So, I went a completely different route and tried to use "image" blocks with "display caption on hover" and CSS to achieve the same effect. As the basis, I used my "Dark Bold" page color setting and then developed the following for my CSS:

//IMAGES NO BORDER//
.dark-bold.page-section {padding: 0 !important; width: 100% !important; overflow: hidden !important}

.dark-bold.page-section > .content-wrapper {display: contents !important}

.dark-bold.page-section .sqs-block-image {margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 !important; border: 0px !important}

//END IMAGES NO BORDER//

Below (and, attached) was the end result.

1394594396_ScreenShot2020-05-18at10_09_46AM.thumb.png.3d0693b04f8d556396414a387bf37584.png

Maybe this will help you in what you're trying to achieve!

Edited by kd_simmons
After some trimming to see what was essential, I was able to shorten the CSS code.