Remove Personal Address from Email

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi there, 

I've been trying to solve this myself for the past 2 days. When users access my website and sign up to my newsletter, they receive a confirmation that has my full  personal address at the bottom of the email in the footer. It's labelled as a mailing address and I can't seem to find where I added it in the settings!

How can I replace this or just reduce it to my local city/suburb?

Have attached image to show what I mean. 

TIA!

mailing_address.png

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
On 4/16/2020 at 3:17 AM, GemmaMayCo said:

When users access my website and sign up to my newsletter, they receive a confirmation that has my full personal address at the bottom of the email. How can I replace this or just reduce it to my local city/suburb?

Squarespace requires a full valid physical postal address to be displayed in the footer of the emails. This is because of anti-spam and privacy laws in various territories, including CAN-SPAM, CASL, and PECR. It also helps build credibility with customers, and can help your emails to avoid spam filters.

However, I can understand why seeing your own address can be disconcerting. If you work from home and don't feel comfortable sharing your address there are a few ways to obtain an alternative address:

• PO Box - Lease a PO Box, which is a mailbox located within a post office. Since the address of your PO Box is separate from your personal contact information, many people consider this a good investment.
  • Creative space - Pay for an address at a studio, office, or other shared space
  • Third party - If you have an agent or business manager who represents you professionally, ask if you can use their address.

Your business name and address are normally saved in CommerceCustomer Notifications > Business Settings.

If you need further guidance about the settings, I recommend you reach out to Squarespace Customer Care.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...

Hi! I am a student using the website for personal promotional needs. I am not a business and I don't feel safe to share my home address with anyone who might happen to receive my blog post. I don't have a business and I don't plan on starting one. Why am I required to share an address, and why am I treated like a business doing a marketing campaign? Any way to disable this?