New Site -Feedback/Critique/Suggestions please!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went thru your site, and the first impression I have is that the first page is yelling at me. I like what it says but the all caps and letter spacing is a bit too much in my humble opinion for desktop, looks okay on mobile. I would make all font sizes a bit more consistent with the rest of your site, maybe not as small as the nav bar which is a bit hard to read on desktop. Brine is one of those templates where mobile is so different from desktop. I find that art and photography sites tend to get more people spending time there when viewing from something larger than a phone however, that is what the analytics tell me for the photography sites I look after including my own and my daughter's.  I use Avenue, and her's is built on Wexley. 

Thank you for the useful feedback! I think I used more or less the sizes that came with Mercer. However I used a lot more text on the first image which makes it quite different. I have tweaked the fonts a little based on your comments. I change the quote every month, with a shorter one it works a little better :)
Thanks again! 

Beautiful art! I plan to order some prints soon and subscribed to your mailing list ❤️ I specialize in photographing artworks for making prints and its nice to see an artist that puts effort and care into this.

For the site - I think its a good start. Overall its clean and easy to navigate.

The capitol letters in the header, and in the section titles feel very "big" at least on PC (I didn't test mobile). In fact, I'd say the fonts in general on the main page are too large (other than the menu bar, those are ok and maybe even small). Fonts on other pages are ok, its just the main landing page where they are too large.

You have done a good job of setting the focus points on the images in your different galleries. I do feel like the different gallery pages are little too consistent in their formatting though. I would consider using different gallery formats or different sizes and spacing to give some variation.

Overall - I will say that after viewing your site I am very interested in you as an artist.

• 3 weeks later...

YourePerfect, I'm sorry I didn't get a notice of your reply. I just changed my squarespace notification settings so hopefully I will next time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my site and sharing your thoughts. I've made several changes; menu slightly larger, home page fonts smaller (this was dynamic so it would have depended on your browser window but I changed it to static) Not sure what you mean with 'different gallery formats'.

Thank you for viewing my work and subscribing to my newsletter! And hats off to you for capturing artworks for printing. Not an easy job!! 

Archived