Images not showing - Enable lightbox error

Has anyone else noticed a major problem has occurred where any images with the 'enable lightbox' option are not loading or showing in pages? This seems to have started yesterday. I have contacted squarespace support but yet to hear back.

The images do not show at all and have been replaced with a tiny grey square button which is barley visible. There has to be a coding error which Squarespace may not be aware of?

Images not loading - error.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I just discovered it seems to be the lightbox feature as well. Everything was fine this morning. However, when I got on later, I had the small blank boxes. I tried different settings and options. Turning of the lightbox for each image block allowed the images to appear for me. I agree that it might be a coding error.

image.thumb.png.d5ae2ab787d839b27c65ad7175f2365f.png

Also, I just changed the Content Section Padding in Styles from 25px to 26px and now every image and page loads correctly with the lightbox feature enabled. Try changing the padding to see if that helps. I'm not sure if this is temporary solution or the final solution but it is worth a try.

I'm having the same problem. Disenabling the light box function solved the problem, but since it's art that I want people to be able to see in a light box, I'll have to come back later, after issue is fixed, and reset the images. I appreciate the post and info from jason_sparky and ComteFaustian.

Yes, same problem here! I don't have  "Content Sections Padding" in Styles like ComteFaustian mentioned but I did find "Canvas Padding" and I adjusted it from 75px to 80px. My lightbox images are working now. I even changed it back to 75px and the images are still working! An odd little glitch.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem with lightboxes. In my case when you click on an image set as a lightbox, the background overlay (dark or light)comes up but the enlarged image no longer displays. I tried it on a different browser without success.

I have looked in Styles and I do not have either Content Section Padding or Canvas Padding to adjust.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Not sure if this will help, but my template also did not have Content Section Padding or Canvas Padding but I took what I'd read above and added the following in Design / Custom CSS:

/* Image lightbox setting */
.sqs-lightbox-overlay { 
  background: white !important;
  opacity: 1 !important;
  padding: 26px;
}

The key was the "padding: 26px". The rest (background, opacity) was stuff I'd already been using. You could try with or without that. I don't know if this will work with all templates, so your mileage may vary. 

• 4 months later...

Archived