Google search console warnings

Hi all,

I've searched for help with this to no avail.

I've recently launched my site and Google emailed me this morning with this. I can't see where to fix this in my product pages - any advice very much appreciated!

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 5 Products issues:

Top Warnings

Warnings are suggestions for improvement. Some warnings can affect your appearance on Search; some might be reclassified as errors in the future. The following warnings were found on your site:

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Google lists these as warnings, not errors, but it still seems to be preventing Google from indexing the rich product data.

I contacted squarespace support and the response was that they do not support this rich data:

Once the re-indexing is complete, Google should see all of your products, but they all would have the error messages, because we don't currently support Product Data Feeds that would be required to display rich results of your products, however, I know that this would be extremely helpful to have, so I’ll create a feature request for you and push it on to our Development Team to consider.

While I can't guarantee implementation of every suggestion, your feedback is extremely important of how we continue to improve our platform, so I really appreciate your input.

In the meantime, you might be able to add these fields using custom code, however, as this is a code-based modification and we can't advise on or assist with it, I'd suggest visiting our Squarespace Forum for peer-to-peer support ...

So... as a workaround I tried to implement the JSON-LD rich data myself based on examples from Google's support pages. I was able to get the Search Console to like my rich data, showing all green and no errors. Unfortunately, even though Search Console indicates that this rich data ("product" enhancement) is indexed, I still don't get any product data cards in test searches I do.

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/product has information about the JSON-LD that Google wants to see.,

Edited by CherieH
mistaken info
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello. @tuanphan @Ksull @herzworks

I just got the same mail with warning. 😕 As far as I understand, Google don't like SQSP product links..? Did you get any good workaround to fix it? Thanks!

To the owner of glou.live:

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 6 Products structured data issue(s):

Top non-critical issues

Non-critical issues are suggestions for improvement, but do not prevent the page or feature from appearing on Google. Some of these issues can affect your appearance on Search; some might be reclassified as critical issues in the future. The following non-critical issues were found on your site:

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.

"

image.thumb.png.dc2a51273cc56f412c144661e5c3356a.png

• 11 months later...