How to create product package/bundle?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi, 

I'm hoping to create a product that is made up of multiple options not variants. More like a combo of products, and you can choose the quantity of each product you want, then it's added up to one total and that is added to your cart. 

For example, if I have a wedding package form with bouquets, buttonholes, table vases etc. and I want the customer to be able to choose how many of each they want to make up the total bundle of products. 

Is there a way to modify a product template to do this? Or can I hack together a bundle of products somehow?

I've attached a wireframe example to illustrate what I am hoping to achieve. 

Thanks! 

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 17.32.54.png

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to decide which website builder better suits me so I do need to know if there is an option to "build your bundle" so the customer will be able to combine up to 3 (or whatever) digital products to save money and if I can set how much the discount would be. Also, if I will be able to turn on or off this feature anytime.

If this feature is available, could you recommend me a step by step guide teaching how to do that? 

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 12:41 PM, nataliabrown said:

Hi, 

I'm hoping to create a product that is made up of multiple options not variants. More like a combo of products, and you can choose the quantity of each product you want, then it's added up to one total and that is added to your cart. 

For example, if I have a wedding package form with bouquets, buttonholes, table vases etc. and I want the customer to be able to choose how many of each they want to make up the total bundle of products. 

Is there a way to modify a product template to do this? Or can I hack together a bundle of products somehow?

I've attached a wireframe example to illustrate what I am hoping to achieve. 

Thanks! 

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 17.32.54.png

I would love to know if you have ever figured this out! I am just starting my business on Squarespace, this might be part of why I move my website unfortunately. I also need a way to send invoices and SS doesn't offer this service. Such a shame, it's a gorgeous site.

• 1 month later...

Build A Box or Build a Bundle

Hi All.  I'm also looking for a similar solution.  Allow customers to choose 4 items with varying prices from a selection of 10, to create a 'case'.  I need a price and quantity tally.  I've been tinkering with JotForms, but am having issues connecting to Stripe.  (Otherwise it seems like it may work)

Has anyone found another solution out there?  (One that does not require coding)

• 2 months later...

@tuanphan - Can you help with the question above? I have a similar question. 

How can I create a product that includes a bundle of 4 products. Ex: I want to create a bundle of "4 polaroids". So within this product the customer has the option to choose 4 of the polaroids available with better pricing than if they were to purchase each separately.

Here are the list of polaroids: https://www.jivamorelife.com/polaroids

• 4 months later...
  • Solution

Squarespace supports variants, but they have limited support for complexity. It isn't possible to meet the requirements that have been posted in this thread.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 9 months later...

We have the same problem and have been unable to find a solution, even Zapier seems incapable of solving this.  I've been told we may have to move off Squarespace and use something like WUcommerce to get this done. I really wish there was a Squarespace solution or update to address this issue, almost all websites sell package bundles of products these days. 

Edited by fireanytime
spelling
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue. The current workaround is to create the package as a product, with all info for each product in the package including photos, size charts and details as Additional Info, then create a Custom Form for the user to choose options (gender, etc.) and sizes for each item. 

This solution may not end up working for my client in this specific application, but may work for some others on this thread. I added some images below for context. 

I would still love for Squarespace to build actual package/bundle functionality, but this workaround might work for some.

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 9.02.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 9.02.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 9.03.04 AM.png

On 9/6/2022 at 5:06 PM, HappyTechServices said:

The current workaround is to create the package as a product, with all info for each product in the package including photos, size charts and details as Additional Info, then create a Custom Form for the user to choose options (gender, etc.) and sizes for each item.

There isn't a great workaround for packages right now. The problem with this idea is that the options within the Custom Product Form ar not "inventory aware". In other words, if a customer chooses a certain size, there is no way to validate whether this is available, and they may select options that are no longer available. Product Variants would work correctly by they don't support this many choices.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 9/9/2022 at 12:53 AM, paul2009 said:

There isn't a great workaround for packages right now. The problem with this idea is that the options within the Custom Product Form ar not "inventory aware". In other words, if a customer chooses a certain size, there is no way to validate whether this is available, and they may select options that are no longer available. Product Variants would work correctly by they don't support this many choices.

Totally agree. The options are also not included in a csv export of orders.

• 1 month later...

After searching for 2 years like most of you, I found http://trunkinventory.com which can do it! Sure, it's paid, but if you plan on doing a lot of this, it's well worth it and almost magic. Inventory-aware bundling/kitting is possible through this. Wish I found it sooner. It's actually on the list of accepted integrations as well, surprised no one has found it sooner! https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000975547-Squarespace-Extensions

• 10 months later...
On 10/26/2022 at 2:43 AM, launchlabrocketry said:

After searching for 2 years like most of you, I found http://trunkinventory.com which can do it! Sure, it's paid, but if you plan on doing a lot of this, it's well worth it and almost magic. Inventory-aware bundling/kitting is possible through this. Wish I found it sooner. It's actually on the list of accepted integrations as well, surprised no one has found it sooner! https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000975547-Squarespace-Extensions

I know this is super old, but I have been searching for a similar answer! Are you still using that service and how it that going for you?