Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Question

Site URL: https://seahorse-soybean-ygpf.squarespace.com/

I'm an experienced developer, new to SquareSpace. I'm trying to insert a custom HTML block into a page but there is nothing like "Code" or "Custom HTML" in the list of sections I can add to a page. I'm on the $30/mo Basic Commerce plan. I do see places to add custom code to header and footer - but I need to add custom HTML within the page itself.

I've looked at webinars and such but they all look completely different than the UI that I'm given, I'm not sure if they were created with a different version(?) One YouTube video mentioned a "developer mode" under Advanced, but I don't have this on mine.

CodeBlock.JPG

3 answers to this question

Ok I found the answer by randomly clicking around on things - its very not obvious and really should be in a guide somewhere!

First you have to click Add Blank, then you click this little gray circle thing that will only show up when you hover over it near the left side of the screen - and from there you can get the Blocks menu that includes code block.

CodeBlock1.JPG

CodeBlock2.JPG

CodeBlock3.JPG

You're using version 7.1 so you'll need to add a section first and then you can add a code block. I would recommend just adding a blank section rather then a pre-populated one.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027987711-Page-sections-in-version-7-1

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design

I believe you have to be on one of the high subscriptions to get the code block options to work