Project as draft

13 hours ago, lorenreyna1987 said:

I don’t understand what is the essence of the article?

When I post a new project to my portfolio page, it is already published. But I want to make the page first, just like a blog post, and then publish the project when I’m done. 

• 1 year later...

I totally agree.  It is called a "project".  This means something that takes time to create, so doesn't really make sense that it publishes right away.  So, now I need to create projects, which take days or weeks, depending on what it is, etc., in Microsoft Word or another program.  Then I need to transfer it to projects when it is finished.  That sucks.  I really hope this will be changed at some point.  Kind of seems obvious.  I am guessing that sitting down with the software engineers for a coffee would bring to light the crappy reason why this feature isn't available.  Otherwise, Squarespace works well.  Just the draft project feature that needs to happen.  Peace.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:53 AM, Bengineer said:

I totally agree.  It is called a "project".  This means something that takes time to create, so doesn't really make sense that it publishes right away.  So, now I need to create projects, which take days or weeks, depending on what it is, etc., in Microsoft Word or another program.  Then I need to transfer it to projects when it is finished.  That sucks.  I really hope this will be changed at some point.  Kind of seems obvious.  I am guessing that sitting down with the software engineers for a coffee would bring to light the crappy reason why this feature isn't available.  Otherwise, Squarespace works well.  Just the draft project feature that needs to happen.  Peace.

Hi,

Do you still need help on this? We can use some code to hide these draft from showing on live site.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...

I am honestly shocked, that this feature is not included. I just signed up for squarespace and this is a make or break for me. How am I supposed to work on project pages without being able to save them in unfinished stages? This means people visiting my page will see half-baked project descriptions until I am done editing? I also would really need the option to set existing projects to private or migrate them to another portfolio in case I don't want to feature them on my main page anymore. These are really standard features in all other CMS systems I have used so far. It's a shame too, because everything else works so much smoother and the editor is just great!

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2023 at 1:54 AM, maguisiffredi said:

Yes!

I still need help with this issue 🙂 Can you share the code with me please @tuanphan

Thanks!!

You can add a draft to page url, eg: /project/design-draft

Then share link to page where you want to hide draft item, we will give the code

Or send to forum message

On 2/22/2023 at 6:05 PM, elisavanrullen said:

Hello, I have the same issue!
Can someone explain me how to do this?
Thanks

You can add a draft to page url, eg: /project/design-draft

Then share link to page where you want to hide draft item, we will give the code

Or send to forum message