How do I link a folder title within the navigation to a page?

I am using Squarespace 7.1 on a basic plan, and I have the same question that was asked on this post: https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/11723-how-do-i-link-a-folder-title-within-the-navigation-to-a-page/

The question is: Is it possible to get the top level navigation (the folder) to go to the first sub-page when clicked?

The answers that seemed to work here don't seem to work for me now. Any suggestions for making this work on 7.1?

Thank you!

• Replies 7
  • Views 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, sebselle said:

Same problem here, is there a solution in squarespace 7.1 with a basic plan?

I'd like that clicking on the folder name brings me to a specific page which will be a summary of the dropdown menu content.

Thanks!

You need to use JavaScript, It needs Business Plan

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

The feature to add a url as the folder name was removed from 7.0 during a revision/fix upgrade, it was causing problems with mobile viewers. Now a folder is treated just like a page, with its own url slug that can work from anywhere off site or as a link onsite, and it is now just that, a folder meant to be opened to see whats in it, not go somewhere else.  For example:

https://myrandomviews.com/lessons

is a folder address created just by adding the word "lessons" to the slug of the folder in settings. 

This address takes you to the first item in the folder. 

The folder in the nav bar auto opens on hover from desktop or opens on press from mobile. It goes nowhere so you can see what is in the folder. 

Archived