Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
8B39C8

Gallery Block Equivalent in sqs 7.1

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I am looking for a way to add gallery blocks to my squarespace 7.1 website. Appereantly they removed them according to this support page, which is really annoying and feels more like a downgrade.

In version 7.1, you can only add Gallery Blocks to blog posts, product items, and individual events. To add galleries to pages, use gallery sections.

I absolutely do not want an entire gallery section, I just need a single block, that I can place similar to the image block inline with text. The user should then be able to cycle through these images easily. The page admin should be able to easily add and edit more images to that gallery, but as long as I get it working in the first place it should be decent enough.

I am somewhat inexperienced with HTML and only have a very minimal understanding of CSS, so I am not sure where I would start, if I would want to implement it myself. Maybe someone here has either an off the shelf solution, some kind of hack or some selfmade code to help me out.

If there is anything not clear in my question, do not hesitate to ask, since english is not my first language.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Edited by 8B39C8

1 answer to this question

This plugin will bring back Gallery Block to SS 7.1

https://www.squarewebsites.org/products/squarespace-admin-ui-tweaks

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.