Featured in / Logo wall

Go to solution Solved by andyh,

I'm  having a problem trying  to get a FEATURED IN wall of logos to  display and align correctly. I  have tried using both the Logo Wall section and gallery to no joy. When I upload the logo images they seem  to scale/zoom up when placed as a grid gallery

This is how the page was designed in 7.0 using  gallery and worked perfectly - logos scaled and centered,

1551838478_ScreenShot2020-04-05at3_32_09PM.thumb.png.a2fed26bca8d213d7d03453c5716722f.png

Here is how it looks now in 7.1 (logos repeat for  this example only)

165305365_ScreenShot2020-04-05at3_46_58PM.thumb.png.cdef7b1645b5f9125630afaf4b9b53b7.png

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had this same issue. I ended up getting a SquareSpace support agent look into it. Unfortunately, the "Logo Wall" block is useless since it automatically crops to a specific aspect ratio, only work around is to crop each image to a specific ratio outside of SS before you upload it. Also, no option for "containing the image" in a specified image block size, the blocks all come out different sizes making the rows a mess if you were to add them one by one and there is no way to justify images to middle of the box to they are at least centered when placed next to each other. A HUGE oversight in my opinion, any image in any block should have the option to "contain" or "fit" the image, in its entirety, in the block without it resizing it. It shouldn't be this hard make image grids with logos, or anything else for that matter. 

HOWEVER, there is ONE option that basically works. Add a new section and add a 'gallery', pick the standard grid pattern.  Then click the pencil in the section to edit the preferences. Set the gallery type to "Grid: Strips", upload your images/logos, then use the sliders for 'row height' and 'spacing' to get the number of columns and rows you desire. So far it hasn't cropped the images and it's looking pretty alright. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I did find a work around which is inserting a new section using a gallery. And then uploading the logos to that gallery and fine tuning along the way. Here is how they appeared in the gallery...

1711134823_ScreenShot2021-09-20at2_00_16PM.thumb.png.ae52939a52090150d7785a554551e19e.png

And here is the fine tuning...

1949216641_ScreenShot2021-09-20at1_59_56PM.thumb.png.61333f5850f1ee37bed1c15bf0ac51ce.png

It's not perfect but it does the job. I would just adjust the order in the gallery to try and get a good balance.

Hope it helps

Andy