Help... 7.1 Editor is ridiculously SLOW

• 4 weeks later...

Chrome has a re occurring resolving host issue, ( you will see those words in the left hand corner) seems to happen in the mornings, like this one.

Takes too long to load anything, move things down or up the internet,  but the config is the worse.  There is a fix, but it is temporary. If you are seeing those words  at the bottom of your window here is what you do. 

Three (almost) steps

1. In the Chrome browser bar type in this address chrome://net-internals/#dns hit enter, also  save it somewhere you will need it again.

2 go to windows start icon, right click select run and when that window comes up type n  CMD. 

3. In the black window where the cursor is flashing type this  ipconfig /flushdns  (space between / and f)  hit enter, then restart your pc. Things should move  a whole lot  faster after the above is completed. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried it on chrome and it is super slow. I switched to Safari thinking if might be chrome, but it is also taking forever. Whats this I see about the editor software update? It has been a few months since I last edited the page. And at that time, everything was working smoothly. But today, it is taking forever to load and when it finally did, my page font had been changed (or not loading) and I cannot change it back to the font it was at before.... 

In my page DESIGN settings says that site title is under the correct font.

But the following "subtitle" font has been changed and I haven't changed it... 

Also it does not let me change it back to FUTURA font, like it was originally. 

It claims in the edit pane that the font for my Headings 1, 2, & 3 are set to Futura PT

but it does not show up as such.... the font for those areas shows something else....

Whats going on?! Can I downgrade if that's what the issue might be???

742342023_ScreenShot2020-10-21at11_07_22PM.thumb.png.3366c927d68145a7d1cddabc85b199e3.png980586343_ScreenShot2020-10-21at11_07_30PM.thumb.png.72745a4a5c2352401978a685e8dd69ff.png138900663_ScreenShot2020-10-21at11_07_39PM.thumb.png.da96df5106e39a8d7eec592088c7e339.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.16.03 PM.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm also experiencing extremely slow editor issues in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. I have a 1G speed internet connection that consistently runs at 700-800mbps download and 41mbps upload speeds It's not slow internet.

Clearing caches makes no difference. Changes done in the editor sometimes do not display until the next day. This is wasting enormous amounts of my time, and it's been like this for over 6 months.

Squarespace please fix this!!

• 3 months later...

Same here. Really affecting my productivity and timelines. It is really unbearable waiting for the cursor to appear to delete one letter, wait 10 to 20sec to delete another letter. The wait time is even longer to add images. I lost a lot of work when Chrome crashed with all the waiting. Does anyone from Squarespace read these forums to address our concerns?

I am having the same problem - I thought is was an issue with my Mac but I'm able to use Photoshop and Illustrator just fine. I can work for about three hours in the morning but by noon the site slows down soooo much it's barely usable. Tried other browsers and it's the same. I haven't really experienced this until recently?