Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
ej1973

removing quote source dash

Question

Site URL: http://www.ianjameseyre.com/testimonials

Hey guys

Have searched around and have not found anything that works, so far... I'm looking to remove the - (dash) from the quote source block. I've styled it how I want but for some reason haven't found out how to do this. The youtube video that comes up when searching for this shrinks the size of the first letter to zero but that isn't working for me. ::first-letter, etc hasn't been having any effect.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Thanks for the feedback! This removed the " around the quote and not the dash in front of the quote source. Any thoughts on how to remove that?

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 1:21 PM, ej1973 said:

Sure, here you go!

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 10.20.27 AM.jpg

ej, How did you change the color of the source of the quote (John Bard, Bard Catering)? I've been searching on how to do that and can't find a solution. Thanks!

Edited by Stacie1570047729

8 minutes ago, Stacie1570047729 said:

ej, How did you change the color of the source of the quote (John Bard, Bard Catering)? I've been searching on how to do that and can't find a solution. Thanks!

.sqs-block-quote .source {
    color: #000000;
}

Free Squarespace 7.1 Anchor Link and Accordion Plugins available here!

If I replied to one of your questions with code, it was either CSS or jQuery.

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced