Finding Block ID for Intro

Hi, I'm having trouble finding the block ID (not yui) for an intro block. I've already done one, but for some reason now the chrome extension isn't displaying the block info the same way as the first one. I used tuanphan's guide the first time. Would someone be able to find the ID for me and show me how they were able to? My template isn't live yet, but please let me know if I can do anything to make this easier. The first time, I left clicked on the <div class="sqs..." then clicked the + icon and the block ID was listed where "div#58..." is highlighted in the 2nd screenshot. I'm attaching some screenshots:

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 11.45.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 11.46.15 AM.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ChrisBartow said:

If you are just looking for the ID, it's listed right in the code being displayed under id="58ff..._intro". Not sure I fully understand the question. It's highlighted in the screenshot below.

614627327_ScreenShot2020-04-05at11_45_56AM.thumb.png.c9836bfb7bd98b7ab6915c38f8904a6e.png

Hey Chris! That doesn't work when I plug it into my CSS. This is the tutorial I used the first time, but now it isn't doing the same thing which is what I'm trying to figure out: 

https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-how-to/#How_to_find_Block_ID

Here's the CSS I used to remove the intro the first time. I'm trying to find the block ID in this format:

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.34.59 PM.png

4 minutes ago, thatbrunsonkid said:

Hey Chris! That doesn't work when I plug it into my CSS. This is the tutorial I used the first time, but now it isn't doing the same thing which is what I'm trying to figure out: 

https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-how-to/#How_to_find_Block_ID

Here's the CSS I used to remove the intro the first time. I'm trying to find the block ID in this format:

Gotcha. I'm guessing you are either too high or too low in the tree to see the block you are looking for. Can you click on the little triangle at the beginning of the line of code and see what is within that div tag?

If you can provide a link, I can help you look for it as well.

Creating websites using Squarespace at Design by Donuts 🍩

On 4/5/2020 at 1:45 PM, ChrisBartow said:

Gotcha. I'm guessing you are either too high or too low in the tree to see the block you are looking for. Can you click on the little triangle at the beginning of the line of code and see what is within that div tag?

If you can provide a link, I can help you look for it as well.

Sorry for the delay, have been busy with classwork haha. This is what it shows when I click the triangle. How would I go about providing a link without making the template live?

758225697_ScreenShot2020-04-09at1_32_30PM.thumb.png.b4be54038664c387ae339e90c57650c6.png

Archived