Adding Logo to Order Email / Invoice

• 7 months later...

I am using the Brine template and can not find where to edit the logo on my commerce customer order invoice (the one I can print to include with my orders). I have tried the chat feature and it keeps giving me info on my personal squarespace invoices (NOT what I'm looking for). I've searched through the forum and help, this is the only thread I could find. I have to be missing something!

With joy,

CARRIE POSTMA
Designer & Founder of ink & mouse
www.inkandmouse.com

I am having this same issue.  Before the update of being able to edit them all at once, I was able to change my logo for the printed order invoice.  Now, I did the global update and changed my logo for all email templates, but it did not change the invoice logo.  I cannot find where to change it anywhere... it disappeared and isn't part of the options to edit in the customer notifications area.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2020 at 3:16 PM, xstitchboutique said:

I am having this same issue.  Before the update of being able to edit them all at once, I was able to change my logo for the printed order invoice.  Now, I did the global update and changed my logo for all email templates, but it did not change the invoice logo.  I cannot find where to change it anywhere... it disappeared and isn't part of the options to edit in the customer notifications area.

Me too - I had originally set up the logo to appear on the invoice and has been working great for a good while now. Since the last update, and the addition on the global settings, this option has disappeared/or is very hard to find?? 

If you're using the new Customer Notifications Composer to edit commerce email notifications, the business logo can be added to the Global Email Style template. Once added, it will appear on all your customers' commerce emails.

This includes:

• Order confirmed
  • Order fulfilled
  • Order refunded
  • Digital downloads
  • Donation confirmed
  • Payment declined
  • Product not available
  • ...and so on

To access this, go to Commerce > Customer NotificationsGlobal Email Styles. Here you will see a preview of your email. Click EDIT (top right) to open the email composer. You'll now be able to click the header and add/edit your logo.

Unfortunately the new composer does not include a 'Customer Invoice' type, so once you have upgraded to the new Customer Notifications Composer, there isn't a way to customise invoices that you print from the Orders panel. The upgrade deletes all previous customisations, including any HTML that you used to add branding to your invoices before the upgrade. For the moment, there's not a workaround for this if you've upgraded.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

11 hours ago, paul2009 said:

If you're using the updated Composer for Commerce Email Notifications, the business logo can be added to the Global Email Style template. Once added, it will appear on all your customers' commerce emails.

To access this, go to Commerce > Customer NotificationsGlobal Email Styles. Here you will see a preview of your email. Click EDIT (top right) to open the email composer. You'll now be able to click the header and add/edit your logo.

Will this apply to the invoice we print from orders as well? When I go to print my invoice to inclue with an order, it now has no logo at all. Thank you.

With joy,

CARRIE POSTMA
Designer & Founder of ink & mouse
www.inkandmouse.com

On 1/21/2021 at 12:20 AM, CarriePost said:

Will this apply to the invoice we print from orders as well? When I go to print my invoice to inclue with an order, it now has no logo at all.

When you upgrade to the new Customer Notifications Composer, all previous customisations for customer notifications are deleted, including those on Customer Invoices that you print from the Orders panel. They will therefore be unbranded. 

As there isn't a workaround for this yet, I recommend that you open a ticket through Customer Care to raise awareness of this issue.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

My logo has also disappeared from the printed invoices for orders. I didn't upgrade so I assume this was done automatically. After speaking to customer care it sounds like this is being treated as an option that was never offered (even though I showed examples of previous invoices) but a good idea of something to consider in the future. Very disappointing and unfortunately may be the final nail in the coffin for us using squarespace after 6 years.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:31 PM, RLevine said:

I didn't upgrade so I assume this was done automatically.

Prior to 22nd September 2020 it was possible to style printable invoices. You could add/edit your business logo using a line of HTML in Commerce > Customer Notifications > Header and Footer.

This feature was removed when the new email composer was introduced - regardless of whether you have upgraded to it - and any customisations that you used were removed.

There's now a feature gap between the notifications that are emailed to customers and the notifications that are sent to store owners. The customer notifications can be customised with ease whereas the merchant notifications, including the printable invoices, can only be styled by Squarespace. In their words, they are "not designed to be customizable". In summary, this may be a good time to stop printing paper invoices.

However if printed invoices are essential to your business operations, I'll be interested to hear why you need them and what you need to customise. If there is sufficient demand, Squarespace may change their stance, or I may be able to build a solution. 

• Why do you need printable invoices? What do you use them for?
  • How do you need to customise them? What do you need to add?
  • What device do you print them from? Which browser or app, and on which device?
Edited by paul2009

Thank you or replying! Our site was created 6 years ago and we didn't sign off on any upgrades but this changed a couple days ago. Unfortunately there is no option for "Header and footer" in that section. 

We did notice that there was an update to the section 'Printing orders' a couple days ago so perhaps this is related? https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206540967-Printing-orders

I just heard back from customer care with a better understanding of what happened:

"Thanks so much for getting back to me and for that additional context.

I conversed with my colleagues to try and get to the bottom of what's going on. In the process, I was able to find out that the new Customer Notifications Composer removed the ability to add a custom header to invoices specifically. While the customer notifications are branded, the invoices printed from the Orders panel are not. The link below is to a thread on the Squarespace Forum regarding the same behavior you raised: 

Forum: Adding Logo to an Order Invoice

Thanks to your report, I've filed this change in behavior as a bug for our Engineering & Design teams to investigate. They’ll use this feedback when implementing fixes and improvements in future releases.

Please keep in mind that there are many moving parts we need to address before any changes are made, and we can't guarantee changes to this behavior in the immediate future. That said, all feedback is reviewed and your continued input is always encouraged.

For more context too, the removal of the logo in Order Invoices was meant to address a bug where it wasn't possible to delete the customizations once a site was migrated to the new Customer Notifications Composer However, by removing the header, the engineers learned that their is a need for customization for the printed invoice view too. They're on the case already and looking for what they can do.  

I really appreciate you reaching out. If you come across any other unusual behavior in the future, please let me know."

On 1/22/2021 at 6:51 PM, paul2009 said:

Prior to 22nd September 2020 it was possible to style printable invoices. You could add/edit your business logo using a line of HTML in Commerce > Customer Notifications > Header and Footer.

This feature was removed when the new email composer was introduced - regardless of whether you have upgraded to it - and any customisations that you used were removed.

There's now a feature gap between the notifications that are emailed to customers and the notifications that are sent to store owners. The customer notifications can be customised with ease whereas the merchant notifications, including the printable invoices, can only be styled by Squarespace. In their words, they are "not designed to be customizable". In summary, this may be a good time to stop printing paper invoices.

However if printed invoices are essential to your business operations, I'll be interested to hear why you need them and what you need to customise. If there is sufficient demand, Squarespace may change their stance, or I may be able to build a solution. 

• Why do you need printable invoices? What do you use them for?
  • How do you need to customise them? What do you need to add?
  • What device do you print them from? Which browser or app, and on which device?

@paul2009 I recognise the need to reduce paper consumption. However, when fulfilling a batch of orders it's really helpful to print all the slips, pop them in each box and work through the orders - it makes it much easier to manage the process and keep track of each order/customer.

The option to style these to match the emails our customers receive would be the ideal solution - alternatively just the option to add our logo (like we had before the update).

Thanks.

It's absurd that order printouts can't be edited. My order printouts are displaying my OLD business name and  address.

Squarespace promotes itself as easily customisable, yet this is a major deficiency.

Does anyone have a workaround? On my Shopify store, I've edited the order invoice so that I can print it on an A4 sheet, fold it twice and put it in a 'document enclosed' envelope with the customer address showing. So it is both an invoice and shipping label.

How do people look professional when shipping Squarespace orders? What am I missing?

On 2/9/2021 at 3:19 PM, Kaidesk said:

It's absurd that order printouts can't be edited. My order printouts are displaying my OLD business name and  address.

Squarespace promotes itself as easily customisable, yet this is a major deficiency.

Does anyone have a workaround? On my Shopify store, I've edited the order invoice so that I can print it on an A4 sheet, fold it twice and put it in a 'document enclosed' envelope with the customer address showing. So it is both an invoice and shipping label.

How do people look professional when shipping Squarespace orders? What am I missing?

If we have the ability to customise the order emails to match our site and branding there must be a quick way for Squarespace to implement this, surely?

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, PeriodicallyInspired said:

I don't know how long this has been going on, but I just noticed that I have no branding on my packing slips

It was an issue from September last year to January 2021. Since then, the site logo has been included in the top left corner of printed orders.

Of course, if your logo is white, it won't be very useful.

• 3 weeks later...