Email marketing Domain Verification DNS record conflict

Site URL: https://www.fleurage.com.au

Hi

Dreamhost DNS settings don't allow a TXT record to be labelled "@".

Therefore when adding the TXT record "v=spf1 include:squarespace-mail.com ~all" it can't be named correctly and verification fails. Dreamhost are of the opinion that "@" is optional, but by not being able to add the "@" label means: 

1 it conflicts with another unlabelled TXT file (google) and 

2 when the google TXT file is removed it still does not appear to verify with squarespace. Propagation of record verified. 

Any options? 

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Site URL: https://www.coachcourtney.net/

Hi,

I'm a bit confused since I'm unable to verify my domain from my email marketing campaign.

I keep on getting an error for the second record "TXT" type.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.6ec3c60adb44aa84df6504599cd43711.png

I already updated my DNS customer record from Google domain as well, but I still can't verify my domain. Whenever I add an "@" from Google Domain, it prompts me to leave it blank as well.

image.thumb.png.5deea9c3bc1e58c27761943d5769a6ea.png

Also, I am able to see that I already have a duplicate for my TXT record under Google Workspace. My client created the Google Workspace account via Google, not directly from Squarespace MISTAKENLY. (Please see the 2nd box on the screenshot above).

image.thumb.png.269e8dc945633378447f3a92660edd5f.png

I also can't connect my Google Workspace account to my Squarespace website. Are these issues connected then?

Please advise. Thank you so much.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by shandyyym
added a new photo
On 4/4/2020 at 3:09 AM, vivid said:

Dreamhost DNS settings don't allow a TXT record to be labelled "@".

You should leave the host field blank:

image.thumb.png.4eb0935bcb9922c79e0b9a339e01fbb1.png
For a more detailed guide, see: https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035516812-Adding-custom-DNS-records

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi! I already solved this issue. Thank you for the help.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:25 AM, shandyyym said:

Site URL: https://www.coachcourtney.net/

Hi,

I'm a bit confused since I'm unable to verify my domain from my email marketing campaign.

I keep on getting an error for the second record "TXT" type.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.6ec3c60adb44aa84df6504599cd43711.png

I already updated my DNS customer record from Google domain as well, but I still can't verify my domain. Whenever I add an "@" from Google Domain, it prompts me to leave it blank as well.

image.thumb.png.5deea9c3bc1e58c27761943d5769a6ea.png

Also, I am able to see that I already have a duplicate for my TXT record under Google Workspace. My client created the Google Workspace account via Google, not directly from Squarespace MISTAKENLY. (Please see the 2nd box on the screenshot above).

image.thumb.png.269e8dc945633378447f3a92660edd5f.png

I also can't connect my Google Workspace account to my Squarespace website. Are these issues connected then?

Please advise. Thank you so much.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Screenshot_1.png