Overlap block line-height

I've noticed an unusual problem: the line-height for my text is different in Overlap Image Blocks than it is across the rest of my site (it appears to just be overlap blocks, not other image block types.) Turns out something is applying a line height change, but I didn't add this!

line-height: 1.5 !important;

How do I target all overlap image blocks in my site with css, so that I can customize the line-height in a way that overrides this? I tried the following with no success:

.sqs-block-image .design-layout-overlap .image-title {
  line-height: 1.2 !important;
}

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 9.25.53 AM.png

• 11 months later...
21 hours ago, cjarne said:

Hi @tuanphan, I'm having this same issue and would love your thoughts if you're still willing. I can send you the login details? Thank you so much in advance!

Can you share link to page where you added overlap block? WE can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am also having the same issues. You will find the overlap image blocks on the home page (News).

Here is the link: 

www.madeofair.com

I tried lots of different css codes - its strange because the code successfully allows me to increase the line height, font size, letter spacing with no problem, but it will not allow me to reduce the line height of in the image block overlap areas. 

Let me know if I can provide you with any other information. 

Many thanks in advance, 

Kristen

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 6.32.35 PM.png

15 hours ago, god69 said:

Hi, I am also having the same issues. You will find the overlap image blocks on the home page (News).

Here is the link: 

www.madeofair.com

I tried lots of different css codes - its strange because the code successfully allows me to increase the line height, font size, letter spacing with no problem, but it will not allow me to reduce the line height of in the image block overlap areas. 

Let me know if I can provide you with any other information. 

Many thanks in advance, 

Kristen

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 6.32.35 PM.png

You mean reduce this space?

image.thumb.png.a0f5d3ee84d08993a5844a39f9a0a507.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@tuanphan Thank you for your quick reply.

No, not that space. I am referring to the line height in the title text on the overlap image blocks. 

.sqs-block-image .design-layout-overlap .image-title {
}

The title text here has a larger line height than the rest of my site. I tried to change it with css and can successfully change certain elements of the title and subtitle text, but it will not allow me to reduce the line height any smaller than what you see here. 

Side note: I am using squarespace 7.1 

844805596_ScreenShot2021-10-14at12_49_55PM.thumb.png.55e1a3a16e27dce277fc737c22f0a5e0.png

2 hours ago, god69 said:

I am referring to the line height in the title text

Have you tried:

.sqs-block-image .design-layout-overlap .image-title * {
}

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.