Website Translation

Hello, (version 7.0)

I read the article on squarespace on how to have multi lingual website, and i have a few questions about it

it demands a cover page, it's not bad but not ideal, do you recommand weglot ? or other way to do so? Is weglot for free? 

If i translate my whole web site in another language, can i modify the pages design later on? And will it modify pages in both languages ?? 

Or do you recommand to first optimize the website design and then translate ? 

Merci 🙂 

Edited by mabros

If you use Business Plan or higher, use this guide, free & good. https://www.bradgood.net/articles/multi-language-content-on-any-squarespace-template

If you use Personal Plan, please let me know, I will think another solution

Edited by tuanphan

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hello !

Thanks for your feed back, I have a personal plan.

I could take a business one for a month but in conditions I can keep this translated version afterward, because I don't really need a business version. 

So in fact, if I keep personal plan what would you suggest? 

And if I use your guide, can I modify layout of a page at once i for both langagues later on? or should I redesign properly  first and then translate? 

Thanks !

24 minutes ago, mabros said:

Hello !

Thanks for your feed back, I have a personal plan.

I could take a business one for a month but in conditions I can keep this translated version afterward, because I don't really need a business version. 

So in fact, if I keep personal plan what would you suggest? 

And if I use your guide, can I modify layout of a page at once i for both langagues later on? or should I redesign properly  first and then translate? 

Thanks !

My way - the way above, is the same, except only: auto - manual

The idea of both is to create 2 pages for 2 languages.

Eg: About (English) - About (French)

Contact (English) - Contact (French)

Above way (Business Plan): Use JavaScript code to hide English Pages in French Header and vice versa. Just insert the code once, when you create a new page, the code will automatically work.

My way (Personal Plan): Use CSS code to hide English Pages in French Header and vice versa. However, when you create a new page, you still need to re-insert that code.

See my guide. https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-03-languages/

Edited by tuanphan

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...

Just to clarify, if my client is providing all the text in English and Chinese and they have a business plan, I can follow this method to have a fully bilingual website, including the navigation? The navigation has been the hardest part to find a solution for. 

17 minutes ago, deannadenham said:

Just to clarify, if my client is providing all the text in English and Chinese and they have a business plan, I can follow this method to have a fully bilingual website, including the navigation? The navigation has been the hardest part to find a solution for. 

If Business Plan, follow this guide. https://www.bradgood.net/articles/multi-language-content-on-any-squarespace-template

Or send to forum message

On 6/8/2020 at 6:02 PM, tuanphan said:

This was sooo helpful and exactly what I needed. Thank you!

I'm working on two websites for this client, one that is basically 4 pages and a blog, the other a more robust resource library, maybe 20+ pages plus a blog, bilingual as well.

A question about URL mapping for this tutorial, when a user is on an english page, I want them to be able to click Chinese and be linked to the same page in Chinese. I followed the footer code injection for Setup URL Reroute for Matching Language Page but do I have to create a new case line for every individual page on the website? (I hope my question makes sense)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mabros said:

Hello,
I am using weglot and I am not happy with it.
Do you know if the square space solutions to install a translated version is ok? 
Because I would like to come back to a personal plan as well. 
MA 

If you use Personal Plan, you can follow this guide.

Or send to forum message

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, mabros said:

Hello,
I am using weglot and I am not happy with it.
Do you know if the square space solutions to install a translated version is ok? 
Because I would like to come back to a personal plan as well. 
MA 

I know you wrote this like 2 years ago so I am sure Weglot has upgraded their services but may I ask why you didn't like using their service?