Script Disabled

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi, I am trying to  add an "Appfolio vacancy listing widget" into my new Squarespace page that is currently being built. I copy and pasted the HTML provided by Appfolio into a "code" block. And it says "Script Disabled." If I try pasting it into just a normal content block, nothing happens. 

Any ideas???

Here is the javascript code:

<script type='text/javascript' charset='utf-8'>
  document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + (('https:' == document.location.protocol) ? 'https:' : 'http:') + "//prp.appfolio.com/javascripts/listing.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script>

<script type='text/javascript' charset='utf-8'>
  Appfolio.Listing({
    hostUrl: 'prp.appfolio.com',
    //propertyGroup: 'My Group Name',
    themeColor: '#676767',
    height: '500px',
    width: '100%',
    defaultOrder: 'date_posted'
  });
</script>

10 hours ago, tuanphan said:

In Code Block where you inserted, DO NOT check Display Source

Hi, I'm having the same exact issue.  tuanphan - I tried to uncheck Display Source, but you're not able to if javascript is selected as the type in the dropdown.  If I change the type to HTML, I can uncheck Display Source, though.... Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.25.36 AM.png

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

You'll often see this message if you have a code block and you've added a script to it. The 'Script Disabled' message is Squarespace's way of explaining that Code Block scripts will not run when you are logged in to the website. It's a security feature that is designed to protect your site editor from code that may break it.

To see the code in action, visit your site in an incognito or private browser window without logging in to the site. You should then see what your page looks like to visitors, which may be slightly different than in the preview window. If your site isn't live yet, you may see a  'Private Site' message when you try to view your site. If you do, you'll need to follow one more step - to set a site-wide password that you can use to view the site without logging on.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

The answer above from Paul is generally the most accepted answer, however. In my own experience, I just enter the code, script, or embed and 'save'. Then refresh the page and it works. I must have something in my browser settings because maybe this method doesn't work for some users.

• 11 months later...

Hi, 
I am looking for help on an issue with my javascript that was entered in the "code".  It had worked for years. 

But, recently I was updating it and I put the whole page offline. When I went to "enable" page. The page worked but the script does not. I have gone over and over and I can't get it to work. 

When I am in edit mode - it says "Script Disabled" which is what used to happen but would work once the page was enabled. 

Any ideas or comments would help. 

Thanks!
C

• 3 months later...

Site URL: https://www.thecruiseco.com

Good morning all,

I have notice that I have "Undefined" in my drop down menu on homepage search element. I also see "Script Disabled" by the Search element also when I go to edit mode . Its on every field.  How to I remove  "Undefined" that from the dropdown field and remove "Script Disabled".   Your help and advice is much appreciated.  Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-08-27 085825-scripted-disabled.png

17 hours ago, thecruiseco said:

Site URL: https://www.thecruiseco.com

Good morning all,

I have notice that I have "Undefined" in my drop down menu on homepage search element. I also see "Script Disabled" by the Search element also when I go to edit mode . Its on every field.  How to I remove  "Undefined" that from the dropdown field and remove "Script Disabled".   Your help and advice is much appreciated.  Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-08-27 085825-scripted-disabled.png

It is default message in editing mode, no need to care it. & no way to rename/remove that text

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 3:35 PM, Carlie_P said:

When I add the HTML code I get the message script disabled. Can you help please

Please see the answer above.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 6 months later...

Hi, 

I have a similar problem and I have integrated the code (see below) of our external service provider so that the created online offer is displayed on our website. However, when I load the page, only a box appears (see screenshot) and the online offer does not load. When I load the page a 2nd time, it then appears.

What is the reason for this and how can I fix the error?

Thanks & best,

Claudia

<html>
<body>

<div id="iframediv">
<h3 class="text-center">Angebote</h3>
<iframe id="meineReiseangeboteIframe1"></iframe>
</div>

<script
src="https://www.paxconnect.de/js/meinereiseangebote_iframe_v1.1.0
.js"></script>
<script>
(function() {
initMeineReiseangeboteIframe('meineReiseangeboteIframe1',
'MTSP-5813?supressCookieConsent');
})();
</script>

</body>
</html>

image.png.4f61df6bf52b9c39f769f3efb6044677.png

4 hours ago, Camasu said:

when I load the page, only a box appears (see screenshot) and the online offer does not load. When I load the page a 2nd time, it then appears.

This is an Ajax Loading issue on your Brine-family template. Please see the guide I wrote:
Why does Squarespace code only work on refresh?

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009