Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Site URL: https://www.masterclass.com/

Hello everybody, I'm trying to make my clients page like a masterclass page, where only paying costumers can access the video contents on-line, the idea is that the costumers can have a membership like status in side my clients page to be able to see the video lessons that will be online only for those who pay.

Please help, if anybody have an idea of how to make this.

Sorry for my english, not my native language

Posted (edited)

@Stereoknob Having a members area for a SquareSpace site has been something people have been asking for for a very long time. The unfortunate fact is that this isn't supported at all with SquareSpace. And they have no intention of trying to add it.

There is a way around this through plugins, like Memberspace, but I'd honestly say to look into a different platform if your trying to build a education platform.

Run through of most issues with Membership site on SquareSpace

If you're determined to stick with SquareSpace, here's a basic walk-through with Memberspace

I know with Wix you can add a membership log in, and create pages with access only for specific user groups. So I believe it could used for the purpose you're trying to achieve.

All the best,
Erin

Edited by Unlikely_IT

Happy Building wishes from unlikely IT 🖥️

If you find this post helpful, please do share a thumbs up. Many thanks!

I am in the same boat. I am looking into options to restrict pages to members. @Unlikely_IT Do you have any recommendations? Teachable doesn't seem to be the right solution, since it is pay once per class. 

A possible solution may be using Patreon for members content?

I have a client that I'm working on that will use CourseCraft, but these are individual courses people that can purchased that will be linked to from their site.

If this is something you are interested in within SquareSpace, definitely shoot them a note. While it may never happen, they seem to keep track of requested features.

Creating websites using Squarespace at Design by Donuts 🍩

@jmolliver Well not including hiring a team like Liana Tech to build it for you,d I think a great place to start is the WIX platform.

I've never built a system like this but, I have put together SNNHK's site which has a restricted area for members only (Built off of WIX). I believe you can create a basic platform with a member space that needs to be paid for very easily. Once paid (or under subscription payment) you can add the user to that member group and they'll have access to the teacher content.

I did a quick google search, and it seems very viable: 

A couple months ago Squarespace sent me info about a beta testing project for Membership sites but I never heard anything back after filling out all the info.

If SS could build membership management into Squarespace it'd be fantastic! Do message if something ends up happening. (first time I didn't get the join beta request) 

Just need member pages + add ability for different member types which can access content according to that member type 😍

But alas I must come back to reality

Im embarking on a new site build - the client does want to add a Members only secured area down the track. Just wondering whether to do the site in Wordpress or will Squarespace be able to accomodate

Any advice most welcome…?