Product sales linked to MailChimp for automatic email campaign

Has anyone sold an email drip online course from Squarespace linked to Mailchimp? I would like to make the sale on Squaespace with an automatic email signup linking to Mailchimp to trigger and automated email sequence. Basically, I would like to create a product to sell on Squarespace and when/after someone makes a purchase I would like their email to automatically be added to a list as a subscriber in Mailchimp for the course to be automatically triggered and start sending via Mailchimp. Has anyone got any suggestions?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested in this too. I tried using MailChimp's integration w/ code injection, but that only enabled pop up subscription and re-targeting. There is an option to inject code into the Squarespace order confirmation page, and the fact that it has a list of items you can pass on (customer email address, order id, order total, etc) makes me hopeful that this might work... but how to get it to work exceeds my coding knowledge. 

I totally assumed that this would be possible with Zapier, but that's only the form submission block. I would appreciate any help here as well!

I have been looking everywhere. There was a 3rd party plug in at one point which seemed to work but that is no longer available. They instead recommend using Convertkit automation $29/Month.

I hvae also tried to use Zapier and that also doesnt work. One thing I thought of doing was creating a link to a sign up form for your Mailchimp list within the Thank You email after purchase. It'd have Name, Email and Order ID then be linked to Zapier (or straight to Mailchimp List) to trigger email automation.

Issue is, it would go out to everyone who buys a product from your page.

Is there a way to create a custom HTML or page URL straight after they purhcase? This page could then have the above mentioned form.

Even Squarespaces attempt at Post Purchase Automation is limited to one follow up email.

This is such a frustrating issue. 

• 8 months later...

Here was the way I implemented it, I took advantage of Google Apps script instead of Zapier. All the steps below are proceed within Google Apps script supported feature such as time-driven trigger, api call using urlFetchApp

- Make call to Squarespace API to get the order info, eg: email, name, course attend...

- Take advantage of Mailchimp api to create new leads on the mailing list

- Compare the info (eg: course name) with a pre-defined dictionary to add corresponding tag-name into each lead, that will trigger an automation on mailchimp to send the follow-up emails

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2020 at 2:29 AM, lisao said:

I'm interested in this too. I tried using MailChimp's integration w/ code injection, but that only enabled pop up subscription and re-targeting. There is an option to inject code into the Squarespace order confirmation page, and the fact that it has a list of items you can pass on (customer email address, order id, order total, etc) makes me hopeful that this might work... but how to get it to work exceeds my coding knowledge. 

I totally assumed that this would be possible with Zapier, but that's only the form submission block. I would appreciate any help here as well!

have you try integromat integration

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived