Any intention to improve soon design capabilities?

Hello,

Working on company website i get much frustration on sqarespace limitations and weird layout.

We have paid already and i choose sqarespace based on internet reviews over wix.

Now working with it im frustrated. 

Is this not supposed to be easy build? Why does it require so much coding?

Do you consider drag and drop tools like wix? 

Do you consider simple way to include animations like parallax and other modern used in so many cases?

Text over slideshow another missing feature.....

I want to make the gray text box transparent maybe other color, this should be easy choice not coding. 

image.thumb.png.f3dbdbb0164e42970f0422521451536b.png 

I am interested in simple use not hire an expert (for that there is wordpress) 

Forgive my hard attitude but I spend way to much time to figure it out simple things. This is not efficient and is more costly than hiring an expert to do it in wordpress. 

Some elements like parallax in 7.0 and now in 7.1 its gone and i dont get it.

I would like to know all this. If its not going the simple direction then i should take my loses and move over from sqarspace.

Thank you.

• Replies 3
  • Views 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coding is not a pre=requisite unless you want to move away from the parameters of the template you are using.  There are basically two choices when choosing a template here, in no order of importance. One, you look at 7.1, it is one family of templates, each with a different starting point for layout, color palate, font selection by  default. You can change many parameters, and make one 7.1 template look like another one, if you so desire. With a business plan you can do extensive coding, not as much with a personal plan, the same applies to 7.0.  Now comes choice two, 7.0. It is necessary to do your homework before choosing a template in 7.0, there are approximately 18 template families. Avenue, which I happen to like very much, is a one template family, Brine which gave birth to 7.1 is a lot of templates, 18 I think. If you using a certain family you can, if you want, change from one template to another, however because 7.0 is a much larger template platform in terms of built in abilities than 7.1 it is very much worth your time to study those Brine or any other family of  templates as well before choosing to build. That is the key, try before you buy so to speak. Look at the demos and at the sample sites being used by folks. If you need help, have a certain look in mind for your site, but not sure where to start, that is what we are here for. Now to address your questions. Brine family in 7.0 has Parallax scrolling, some templates in the family have it turned off, and it can be turned on, others have it on, but can be turned off. Drag and Drop works for images, I do it all the time, cut and paste works for text, video urls, lots of things. Images, blocks, have a choice of animations. Boxes, text, color can be changed thru site syles. Code is used only if people want to custom a certain page as opposed to site wide or a custom font. It is no big deal. I have a lot of code in my personal site, it is my lab,  a little bit for my customers, and one photography site with none, the Owner was pleased as punch to stay inside of what the Wexley template could do, and she has a very beautiful site which has had a lot of people tell her just that.  In closing. I have been working in software development, website building for many years, and I spent a large amount of time looking at other website hosing companies before I choose Sqarespace five years ago. The choice of Template families and templates had grown much larger since then. Yet I still have the one I started with, given it a fresh look every few months, and it still has many viewers who like it a lot. 

Here are some completed sites to look at. 

https://christinegregoryphotography.com/ Wexley Template

my random views derrick Lee parker Avenue

https://waterclinicfl.com/ {customer has two sites) Brine https://atlanticcoastwater.com/

https://www.dcmrblueridge.com/  using Avenue. 

Hi,

You misunderstood my question. I did not asked for examples or thinks to do with older version.

I asked if they consider additional features to new 7.1 version? And i wrote on forum considering is a good information to be given to multiple users. 

Adding features to 7.1? I don't know, I would assume so over time, but right now it doesn't do as much as 7.0 and isn't suppose to, and no offense, but I don't think I misunderstood your post at all. You are unhappy with 7.1, think its weak,  wish it was more intuitive, a point and shoot kind of thing, you have an account, don't want to start over in 7.0. You don't want or  like to code. My response was primarily to help folks make an educated choice of platform and template that works our well for them. 

Archived