Automatically Pulling new data into Chart Block?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

SS does not provide a mechanism to link a chart to some external data source. You can of course manually update the data for the block. If your data doesn't change often then that seems like a reasonable way to go.

If you need dynamic chart updating then you may want to look into Google Sheets. I believe that you can generate a chart on GS, then embed code in a code block that will update live.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 5 months later...

@TesoroDistinguido

I've not seen any code posted that I recall.

If you want to publish from Google Sheets please see Make Google Docs, Sheets, Slides & Forms public.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@creedoni did see the embed. It just comes off less than pretty… It’s not quite the look but I suppose where I’m using them, as employees only it doesn’t have to be. I did try that out and am using it for now. It would be so cool if charts could be updated live. If I tried to use Squarespace as the work database, it would not be fun. I have a hard enough time with getting Squarespace web to work while editing already. 

@TesoroDistinguido

I know what you mean about not being very pretty. ☹️

An alternative might be Google Charts.

Obviously trading off the relatively simple Google Sheets embed w/ease of updating data for a more customized look but possibly less ease of data update.

Edited by creedon

• 1 year later...